Most overrated movie ever

Surely you can’t be serious?

2 Likes

I am but like I said before, I wouldn’t criticise someone for liking it either.

1 Like

I wouldn’t expect the rugby fraternity to get it… Star Wars is mythology rather than a movie. It’s based on the journey of the hero which is prevalent in the mythology of every culture.

1 Like

More dungeons and dragons shit so.

1 Like

That sounds more like a title to some Zeebs and Murray home video if anything.

Anything with Adam Sandler, Jack Black and Ben Stiller is a pile of bollox

Don’t be lashing out because you had no imagination as a child. From as far back as I can remember I was always fascinated by myths and legends so that stuff always appealed to me…It’s what I read a lot of as a kid. What did you read yourself?

There’s something about Mary is a good laugh to be fair.

The Waterboy is a stone cold classic, those three all had their moments.

1 Like

Pulp Fiction is a truly great film

1 Like

A look as I said, it’s all a matter of taste. I just don’t like them and find their comedy immature. But that doesn’t make me right or wrong. I dare say, I probably have not seen a few half decent movies that any of them starred in due to my tendancy to immediately switch off once any of their names appear in the cast.

You just jumped on the star wars bandwagon sucked in the by the hype and the merchandise kid no shame in that at all. And I’m not lashing out. I merely stated I thought they were overhyped it is you who is paddling around trying to defend your beloved sci fi movies

3 Likes

No matter how many times you see it

Have you seen my baseball :baseball:

1 Like

The hype? I was 5/6 when I saw my first one, mate. You never answered the question, what books/movies were you into as a kid?

Ah here.

1 Like

You think kids don’t get sucked in by hype :joy::joy::joy::joy: that’s why they don’t bother marketing kids movies I suppose

I read every Enid Blyton book ever written, moved onto Roald Dahl and Judy Bloome, Adrian mole. Read fuck all bar stephen king in my early teens

You are getting awful defensive about your beloved sci fi. I suppose you have always been massively tolerant of other people’s interests that you don’t like to be fair. You are like the Ghandi of the site

There are so many bullshit films it’s hard to pick out a good one.

A couple of films in recent years where I was looking forward to watching and had hope for were Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Shutter Island. Truly bad.

I think he is serious, and don’t call him surely.

2 Likes

I’m not, mate… I’m only teasing out what you were at as a kid… I was 4/5 in the mid 80s, mate… RTE1 and RTE2 - what hype are you on about?