Most overrated movie ever

Pulp Fiction is a great great movie. The dialogue alone would get it near the top of any list.

I have never watched a star wars movie, not one of them, and I won’t start now.

I find hyped up English flicks to be the worst. The English patient is a leader contender for this thread along with Shakespeare in love & the king’s speech.

5 Likes

Pulp Fiction is immense.

2 Likes

“The Watch”.

1 Like

Back now from Dunkirk. Absolutely outstanding. A relentless assault on the senses. There is absolutely no let up from start to finish. Magnificent Hans Zimmer score.

5/5

4 Likes

Ah stop. It’s incredibly clever and very entertaining. The way it’s shot is genius.

Pulp Fiction is sometimes reshown on the big screen especially around Dublin cinemas.

A few years back I caught it in the Lighthouse where the main screen there has a fantastic sound system. Pulp Fiction was spine tinglingly awesome from start to finish. Makes you appreciate the difference of watching a motion picture in the cinema versus the distractions of your sitting room.

2 Likes

The Shawshank Redemption is a great film, it’s not cool to say that though

2 Likes

Raging Bull.

A fucking dirge with hilariously bad boxing scenes.

2 Likes

Ah stop.

How historically accurate is it? Is it a type of thing where the brits make no bones about getting their asses kicked by a completely all round superior nation of people? Or do they make it out like they’re still kicking the Germans asses even though they themselves the brits are scurrying away like diseased rats who should be forever grateful and endepted for the German charity for allowing them to withdraw from Dunkirk with minimal casualties? Is the film false or misleading?

The Committments

2 Likes

Pulp Fiction

I like Tarantino’s films in the main but could never see anything in this TBH .

Did you play inter county hurling or football ?

Football :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

The Dark Knight. People creamed themselves over this. It was at least 45 minutes too long, with the Two Face story feeling like it was just tacked on at the end.

3 Likes

The Wolf of Wall Street

Awful muck.

2 Likes

Blade and Blade 2

1 Like

Completely agree on this. Batman Begins was much better.

1 Like

Can’t believe that went completely over his head

It’s the most overrated movie ever?