Motorways driving

The reason there was no service station was because of the cunt of an entrance/exit set up there is from it on the Abbeyleix/Portlaoise road. Not sure how thats been addressed since, but that was the reason it was refused in the past, was an awful black mark against it. Not a fan of it, but you’re right, its come on hugely in the last year or so.

The Hotel is very popular as a meeting venue, and there’s a leisure centre there also so it gets custom for both those reasons. I would agree about how or who the fuck would stay in it.

I stopped there on many occasions in my last job.

The older lady who worked in O’Briens was a nice old sort.

@mac any sign of the M11 service area near Gorey opening?

Later this year apparently. A complete clusterfuck of a scenario. Spent nearly 300k on security for it last year I believe.

The Westmeath hurlers had a fine pre match meal of Chicken Curry in there before giving Tipperary a fright in last years Qualifiers.

This is a gamechanger.

Fresh on the news of the Midway being refused Planning Permission for petrol pumps, Pat McDonagh has pounced

This could be the death knell for the tapas bar in Portlaoise.

5 Likes

I actually had reason to stop in the Tipp Town Plaza recently. It was late on a Sunday evening and was surprisingly busy. Never underestimate the Irish appetite for shit food (I had the 5oz Bacon Double Cheese Burger, with curry chips and a coke).

3 Likes

Would that site not take away a heap of business from his Moneygall complex?

Where exactly is Togher? Is that the entrance to the town at the Cork side?

Togher is the area where the Rugby Club is.

1 Like

I’d say Big Pat knows both will clean up.

He’s some business man all the same. As a young lad, I worked in a Supermacs for a few summers. He was down once when training in some people for a new franchise opening in the area, and he was as good as any of the lads on the grill.

After the 2016 AI semi or final, he was inside in the O Connell Street branch in Dublin (which I think is one of the ones he owns) clearing the tables.

Does he also have a stake in Junction 14 or just the Fast Food element of it?

If that went ahead you would have, Birdhill, Obama, Portlaoise and Junction 14 within around 100km of each other.

As show in the article, Pat owns a fair scatter of land around there

No flies on Pat.Although he did get fucked over for 10 millon in NY a while back

That site will be a goldmine. Traffic coming from Cork, Limerick and the South East

No particularly considering you only pass Moneygall if Limerick bound.

2 Likes

A shrewd operator. I seen him in action in his hotel one day. Schmoozing folk at the bar and bought them all a drink. Not one of them had seen a gym in their life. Next thing they all order food. You just knew that one day, with the genius of the two Joes behind us we were going to win the All-Ireland. I’d say he’ll be aiming for the double next.

It’s “shrude oparater” in these parts. Cc @KinvarasPassion

2 Likes