Motorways driving

its not looking to decrease rates- its stopping kids being killed

There’s not many people can run at 30kph, never mind walk it :man_shrugging:

Kidkiller Maurice here.
Police current laws and limits. There’s the solution.

1 Like

That’d be my take too; you’d barely see a speed trap on regional roads with 80 km/h limits as is, which is where most of these accidents occur.

It’s fanfare and palaver and box ticking.

If you lookimg at recent tragic events limits did not matter.

Speed didnt kill 1 pedestrian this year?

Definitely speed was a factor here

I didn’t say that.

There have been tragic events in 2 towns in Cork involving pedestrians where the traffic is typically at gridlock all day long. Speed wasn’t the cause and limits didnt matter.
The cases in Tipp recently, tragic and sad but limits didn’t matter. It’s only a stat. If the new limits were in place then, it still wouldnt matter.
50km in an urban area is fine, but it doesn’t matter because there is no policing.
It is only cheap publicity all this shite.
If a tree falls in a forest and there’s no one there to see/hear it, does it make a sound

:grinning: took me a minute

What I would support is compulsory data recording devices fitted in every vehicle along with compulsory dashcams, retrofitted on all current vehicles and incorporated on new models. Recording speed, times, distance and behaviour.

1 Like

And sure the speed van wasnt there either. He parks on the right of the video

Early yesterday morning I’m passing by The Beehive in Wicklow on the M11 in the left hand lane doing right on 120km/h. I’m being overtaken by someone probably doing 140 or so. I spot some hero flying up behind both of us in the middle of the 2 lanes.

He realises he’s going too fast for the car overtaking me so he swerves to the hard shoulder and undertakes me easily doing 160-180 and he drove to almost the next exit under passing 3-4 more cars before cutting in and carrying on. Ridiculous stuff

3 Likes

posted without comment

Is Lee after hitting her a few slaps?

It’s ok guys, AI will be along in a few years chauffeuring us around in a safe and responsible manner.

The drive for zero road deaths recently in the media, while an admirable goal, is a pipe dream as there are too many variables. Anywhere you have a high density road network, low levels of enforcement, heavy machinery like cars, buses and HGVs, pedestrians, people on bikes and mix in the human error element then some road deaths are going to be an inevitability.

1 Like

@Ceist may not be the answer to our problems either.

“What - well there was definitely a road here in October 2020”

3 Likes

One secret might be to allow the building of these magic roads which somehow bypass towns and connect the major urban centers? Meaning HGVs etc can avoid coming into contact with pedestrian areas.

1 Like

What an idea!!

That could save charleville, tipp town and Newcastle wesr

I’ve been undertaken there numerous times and I doing 120. Some absolute nutcase’s about.