Mount Everest & other Feats of Endurance

One out of every 3 who summit die on the way down it’s so treacherous.

Supposedly a lot more remote as well so I guess it would be harder to get to in bad weather.

Tragedy on Mount Kenya yesterday. Lad I’d know a bit was killed. Tough one. Heartbreaking for his family.

3 Likes

Fcuk. Sorry mate.

1 Like

Cheers. I had not seen him since this time last year. I’d not have known him very well. The randomness of it all.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Always find such folly to be very selfish endeavors.

1 Like

Your some dick head to be posting this sort of thing.

1 Like

He has a point though. You’ve no business climbing mountains if you have small kids for instance.

2 Likes

There’s a time and a place. Now isn’t that. Have some cop on.

It’s sad but calm down, Flatty knows him a bit. I doubt anyone else knows him.

1 Like

TUM not Flatty.

This discussion has been had already on here as well. MBB said what many of us are likely thinking. Weirder that this stuff is happening during a worldwide pandemic with half the world shut down

2 Likes

You’d almost admire a lad using a third party’s perceived grief to have a hop at another poster. Almost.

1 Like

He was determined to go. Flight was cancelled last week. He got a different one. I rang my mother this evening and as she said “his time was up”. Sometimes your time is just up.

He was a good guy. Helped set up Run in the Dark.

3 Likes

That’s shite. Hope his family will be ok. What age are the kids?

He has previous with this sort of thing.

1 Like

Sorry for you loss TUM.

Even, like, Galtymore?

I wouldn’t chance Salthill nowdays.

Cheers. I was’t a close friend of his but we’d done some things together.

I wouldn’t get upset about lads questioning why lads climb and take risks. I’d think the same sometimes but some lads are built that way and ultimately that’s why they are who they are for right or wrong.

Anyway. RIP. He’ll be missed.

11 Likes

Risky business without a canoe.