Mount Everest & other Feats of Endurance

RIP

I’m not following this, is he rowing up Mt Everest or what?

3 Likes

@ironmoth he’s going to do it unless an absolute disaster happens

1 Like

Some going. He looks to be about 250 miles west of Galway thanks to a few days of south-westerlies. There’ll be some strong northwesterly winds over the next week for him to contend with, but as you say, failing an absolute Jonah event, he’s nearly home.

However, 100 days at sea, talking to himself, the boat, and the odd pod of dolphins, he’ll probably be wired wrong for a few months. Wouldn’t fancy it.

1 Like

Does this mean this fella and his boat are shortly going to stop clogging up this important thread?

Under 150 miles to go @TreatyStones. Time to get the Fires of Aran lighting. Although, with the strong northwesterlies that are pushing him a bit off-course, it might have to be the Fires of Aughinish.

3 Likes

The red mud will guide him home.

1 Like

Jesus the poor cunts family can’t mAke it Tuesday so he’s just going to delay another day out at sea so they can be there.

Heading for Galway City, are they?

:smiley:

What are they doing Tuesday ffs?

2 Likes

He’ll be fairly gutted if no one on the Aran Islands bothers to light a bonfire for him

Flying in from Australia.

Macdara Hosty is the man to get that sorted.

He’ll surely be on the Late Late.

I might actually tune in for an episode so.

I’m not sure it’s garnered any media attention outside of his podcast followers?
You’d have thought the rescue of his crew mate etc was a bit newsworthy.

Doubt they want to be encouraging this sort of thing.

It’s an admirable pursuit but it is incredibly selfish.

Selfish? He’s rowing across the Atlantic to raise money for charities. It’s the opposite of selfish.

He’s left behind a young family. I’ve heard him mention sponsors but not much about charities really. It also costs a fortune to do and if something happened him and he needed to be rescued it would cost a fortune too. They were blessed the other lad didn’t end up dead. I think it’s very selfish anyway.

You’ve a great knack of finding the bad in everything lately.

5 Likes