Moving Abroad

You can tell I’m having a slow day!

Microsoft?

Yup, 1 to go

Would they be based down in Eastpoint?

It was in Bray

You’d need that outlet Mac, just to keep your head right. The wife of course couldn’t be the complaining type either, that would ruin it all.

Enough said. And if they move out of Limerick then the whole area is fucked. That place they had in Bray always struck me as being awful depressing.

Not at all - she’d be waiting outside to collect you at the end of the night and all. What with you not being able to walk home because of the limp. You have to cover all angles lad http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Lol… you are really getting into this Mac. You are way ahead of me.

It was a long time ago I was in Bray, but yeah, you aren’t wrong, Limerick is majorily fecked if they pull out, the whole mid-West region is, maybe this is a time for someone to step up to the plate and get us not so reliant on just 1 company

Oh yeah, all life’s plans are down to you have the right person (or no-one) with you

Pretty much. Housing market is way down and dropping, stock exchange is down, interest rates are rising. In fact fairly much like here or any other economy that is an offshoot of the US. In fact the only advantage you have is the exchange rate €1 = $AU 1.78

Not true. The stock exchange was hit pretty hard the other day but recovered well yesterday. None of the banks look close to going under and their exposure to the US market is limited.

The economy is doing well with the mining industry booming at the moment. Also for people with trades, there is loads of work available, especially up the coast of Queensland and the mines in WA.

Its nowhere near as bad as what it sounds like at home.

[quote=“gerrardno1”]Not true. The stock exchange was hit pretty hard the other day but recovered well yesterday. None of the banks look close to going under and their exposure to the US market is limited.

The economy is doing well with the mining industry booming at the moment. Also for people with trades, there is loads of work available, especially up the coast of Queensland and the mines in WA.

Its nowhere near as bad as what it sounds like at home.[/quote]

Not as bad as home Gerry but not great. Not too interested in what’s going on here as I’m only here short term but there are some smaller investment banks going under - Babcock and Brown and Allco are outta here. Macquarie are shutting down their consumer margin lending operations with Westpac and Commonwealth looking to buy.

Was looking for a job in Sydney for 4 weeks starting about 7 weeks ago when my mates who had got here a couple of months beforehand had their pick of jobs upon getting off the plane.

This dream life sounds a bit like the setup Juhniallio enjoys out in Beijing. Not much of a worker is Juhy but he has his expensive tastes all the same.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Note to self, consult with MGG when the time comes. You sound like you know what you’re talking about doll. Are you saying you’d get a serious weapon of a ring for two large?

As for Clareman, he sounds like a money no object lad so I’d say he didn’t want to be dicking around involving three or four artisans. He just put 15 bags of sand on the counter and said “give me a big fcuk off ring”. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/quote]

The few years in the jewellery manufacturing, wholesale & name branding was more than an eyeopener. Especially in buying metals & stones.

For the dope that gave a jeweller their biggest sale this year: if you gave 12k to any Irish Goldsmith you would have got a 5 ct good clarity and clear rock, a platinum band, with maybe a couple of 3 pointers in the setting; and maybe depending on the price of metal: the wedding bands.

Something I forgot in my first post on the matter: Get the piece Assay’ed; Dublin Assay Office is in Dublin Castle, cost maybe about 200 yo yo. Can’t be clear about it as we had a deal done based on metal content, weight & volume. A good goldsmith will have his/ her own set up with the Assay. It should only take a day.

Ah yes, it’s all brandy and cigars out here.

A little behind the times, as usual Rock. As my posts here have decreased, so has my workload increased. I’m currently working three jobs(not right now, of course… I’m on a week long trip to the south of China) to make ends meet.

On the wider issue of this thread… China is a super place to move to if your looking to leave Ireland. We were to go back next February but took a look at what’s going on at home and thought twice. Over here is still booming and there’s good money to be made. Lifestyle is fantastic, quality of life superb. The yuan is rising against all currencies, too. Nearly sure we’re going to stay here for about another year and a half now. If any of ye are thinking of leaving Ireland, it’s not a bad shout.

Also Rock, If you think you need to move away to keep the new wife from straying toward the portly wexican, you can’t get much further away…

what is the lifestyle like over there juhni …if you don’t mind me asking…

Superb. Do what you like, whenever you like. Foreign workers here have fantastic freedom. Food is great, jar is cheap, pubs don’t shut. Football is a decent standard and there’s even a GAA club. Drinking is savage, like college nearly.

Pollution can piss you off a bit sometimes. Oh, and it’s a police state…That’s about it.

[quote=“Juhniallio”]Ah yes, it’s all brandy and cigars out here.

A little behind the times, as usual Rock. As my posts here have decreased, so has my workload increased. I’m currently working three jobs(not right now, of course… I’m on a week long trip to the south of China) to make ends meet.

On the wider issue of this thread… China is a super place to move to if your looking to leave Ireland. We were to go back next February but took a look at what’s going on at home and thought twice. Over here is still booming and there’s good money to be made. Lifestyle is fantastic, quality of life superb. The yuan is rising against all currencies, too. Nearly sure we’re going to stay here for about another year and a half now. If any of ye are thinking of leaving Ireland, it’s not a bad shout.

Also Rock, If you think you need to move away to keep the new wife from straying toward the portly wexican, you can’t get much further away…[/quote]

What if you can’t speak Chinese?!

[quote=“Juhniallio”]Superb. Do what you like, whenever you like. Foreign workers here have fantastic freedom. Food is great, jar is cheap, pubs don’t shut. Football is a decent standard and there’s even a GAA club. Drinking is savage, like college nearly.

Pollution can piss you off a bit sometimes. Oh, and it’s a police state…That’s about it.[/quote]

sounded good up to that bit about the bogball club -