Moving Abroad

[quote=“Juhniallio”]Ah yes, it’s all brandy and cigars out here.

A little behind the times, as usual Rock. As my posts here have decreased, so has my workload increased. I’m currently working three jobs(not right now, of course… I’m on a week long trip to the south of China) to make ends meet.

On the wider issue of this thread… China is a super place to move to if your looking to leave Ireland. We were to go back next February but took a look at what’s going on at home and thought twice. Over here is still booming and there’s good money to be made. Lifestyle is fantastic, quality of life superb. The yuan is rising against all currencies, too. Nearly sure we’re going to stay here for about another year and a half now. If any of ye are thinking of leaving Ireland, it’s not a bad shout.

Also Rock, If you think you need to move away to keep the new wife from straying toward the portly wexican, you can’t get much further away…[/quote]

If the groom or anyone else is keen;
Glen Dimplex are looking for Seniors & Exec level to relocate to Junie’s back yard

You can learn enough to get by pretty quickly. Although there are plenty of people here I know who can speak about 4 words and they all manage fine.

If you’re thinking of movin out mac I’ll start a mandarin thread.

Shannonsider:
Given your admission of economic well-being, I think you should leave off walking those dogs.
You wouldn’t want to rock the boat, with regard to the ould disability money.
I, now, could handily tear down a few days a week and give them boyo’s a good run out (sitting on quad bike) for around 40k. annually. I can rattle up a good ould’ stew/shepherds pie 3 or 4 days to enable you concentrate more on your punting and assuage Mrs SS after her hard day’s graft.
Administrator has my number, but call early as I’m viewing my options at the moment. Must go - Skeffington Arms seeking monitor…

[quote=“Boxtyeater”]Shannonsider:
Given your admission of economic well-being, I think you should leave off walking those dogs.
You wouldn’t want to rock the boat, with regard to the ould disability money.
I, now, could handily tear down a few days a week and give them boyo’s a good run out (sitting on quad bike) for around 40k. annually. I can rattle up a good ould’ stew/shepherds pie 3 or 4 days to enable you concentrate more on your punting and assuage Mrs SS after her hard day’s graft.
Administrator has my number, but call early as I’m viewing my options at the moment. Must go - Skeffington Arms seeking monitor…[/quote]

wtf are you on about

Was talking to a mate a few weeks ago, he moved from Oz to Abu Dabi.
Junior level banking position, about 50% as difficult as what he was at in dublin, he had no expereince in the area he got the job in, up front payment to cover rent and relocation costs, bonus of up to 60% of salary…total package 130k+ approx incl bonus, tax free.

banking system is seriously unsophisticated and a little knowledge will make you look like a genius. serious serious quan to be made over there.

downside
weather is ridiculuous 40+ most of the time, cant really do anything outdoors
working with mainly Indians
Very hard to get your nat king cole
no cohabiting with your missus if your not married

would consider it for 12 months to build up a cash reserve but not sure I could handle the weather.

As an aside…Iv never been to Oz but I could def spoof it, every coont has been there never shuts up fookin rattling on about the craic in the tea gardens , how stoned they got in Nimbin, camping in Frazier Island, xmas day on the beach. It has seriously put me off the idea of visiting there I must say.

Laughing my fookin ass off at SS* comments about the beads. The straigtest coont youv ever met from your home town coming home with beads, a scalded head and a class A habit.

[quote=“dancarter”]Was talking to a mate a few weeks ago, he moved from Oz to Abu Dabi.
Junior level banking position, about 50% as difficult as what he was at in dublin, he had no expereince in the area he got the job in, up front payment to cover rent and relocation costs, bonus of up to 60% of salary…total package 130k+ approx incl bonus, tax free.

banking system is seriously unsophisticated and a little knowledge will make you look like a genius. serious serious quan to be made over there.

downside
weather is ridiculuous 40+ most of the time, cant really do anything outdoors
working with mainly Indians
Very hard to get your nat king cole
no cohabiting with your missus if your not married

would consider it for 12 months to build up a cash reserve but not sure I could handle the weather.

As an aside…Iv never been to Oz but I could def spoof it, every coont has been there never shuts up fookin rattling on about the craic in the tea gardens , how stoned they got in Nimbin, camping in Frazier Island, xmas day on the beach. It has seriously put me off the idea of visiting there I must say.

Laughing my fookin ass off at SS* comments about the beads. The straigtest coont youv ever met from your home town coming home with beads, a scalded head and a class A habit.[/quote]

you sicken me

I agree. Totally incomprehensible stuff out of that Boxtyeater

Apologies NCC.
I meant it was unlikely you and your Indian colleagues would share many common interests to discuss after work over a cold beer.
And they stink to high heaven

flano - did ball ox get a ban for racism - surely he couldbt be as bad as dan???

you going to the nfl?

[quote=“dancarter”]Apologies NCC.
I meant it was unlikely you and your Indian colleagues would share many common interests to discuss after work over a cold beer.
And they stink to high heaven[/quote]

:wink:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]flano - did ball ox get a ban for racism - surely he couldbt be as bad as dan???

you going to the nfl?[/quote]

It was racism that got him the ban as far as I know. I see what Dan said, pure racial hatred there I reckon.

Is this NFL trip to the states or to the Wembley game?

[quote=“Flano”]It was racism that got him the ban as far as I know.

Is this NFL trip to the states or to the Wembley game?[/quote]

racism - dan could be on a thin ice

wembley

To be honest neither of the teams really appeal to me. Seems to be a few people on here that seem to like the Chargers though.

Anyone thinking of packing it in and heading to Oz you’ll never get more bang for your euro. Trading today at 1 = $2 oz

as previously advised i’m heading in three weeks. started to set up oz bank account yeterday after the exchange went to 1.86. apparently it takes six days to open my account. really hope it don’t slide back down.

it’s trading at 2.05 at the mo.

for my 10k euro i will get an extra 3500 dollars today than i would have 2 and a half weeks ago.

thats a good few extra weeks of beering without working.

Holy shite - its nearly worth buying them to leave under the mattress for a few months

ya i could see them sliding back down to 1.70 fairly fast. on the records i was looking at they have never been above 2 dollars.

Not so good for a mate of mine who’s out there and trying to pay off a loan back home.

But seriously good if your only heading out there travelling. As fisty said an extra 3,500 would cover you for a nice few weeks over there without working.

[quote=“The Runt”]Not so good for a mate of mine who’s out there and trying to pay off a loan back home.

But seriously good if your only heading out there travelling. As fisty said an extra 3,500 would cover you for a nice few weeks over there without working.[/quote]

anyone working in the banks here that can advise if there is some method of transferring the money to Aus dollars now instead of waiting 6 days and seeing exchange slide back down after the interest rate change settles?

can you just take it out in cash and lodge it when you get out there? I know when I landed in Oz I just opened up an account with Commonwealth bank when I got there and it was handy enough. Paid my superannuation into an account with them too so made things handy. Some rate at the moment alright tho, think I will exchange a bit into cash now for the Christmas hols.