MSHC Final Limerick v Cork

It was Kev.

Anyone take much notice of a creeping in of first time pulling and loads of batting ( a Clare tactic with a while I know) from Cork. They seem like they might be trying to marry old hurling with some of the new more sensible stuff.

I have always thought there was a place for first timing it, especially if its a tactic and your inside forwards know it’s coming

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 791557, member: 273”]This is fucking awful. I’m really buoyed all day about these young Cork lads, I drank the most of a bottle of wine from about the 45 min on to whatever time I went to sleep, was an emotional wreck by 2 AM. Had to get up at 5.30 and had a head ache all day yet I was in savage form.

I’m really really disappointed not be at home for the Final, it’s the only provincial title worth a fuck in GAA and it’s a reasonably unique pairing with 2 friends managing the 2 sides.

There will be some drinking done in Limerick that Sunday.

Limerick at home and their more physical side might swing it for them. They never fear Cork either, probably better for Limerick to be playing a hyped up Cork team that the cunts up the road.

Exciting times.[/quote]

Kev, over the next couple of weeks could you not be sound for a while? If we were playing Clare we would have plenty of mopes sledging away and generally giving plenty of ammunition to die-hard Limerick supporters like Horsebox[/USER] to stuff down their throats after we battered them. A bit of that would be great for the board and this thread in particular. [USER=367]mickee321[/USER] [USER=232]Turenne and @whoeverelseisfromcork take note also.

Fuck off glas you Limerick cunt. If I wanted your knacker opinion I’ll ask for it. Prick.

Kev, can you print us up a few posters for the match?

Something like, a picture of O’Hailpin with the tag line;
“Following in a proud Cork tradition of betraying his own”

Hopefully Brian Gavin is the referee, Wouldnt mind James Owens either. If its Barry Kelly we may aswell go to Supermacs for a snackbox and a game of Bowling. That lad has a hard on for Cork. Hopefully not that Whistle happy clown Alan Kelly either.

Johnny Ryan will referee the Munster Final. Forget the rest.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 791552, member: 367”]cheers, either way the tipp cunt deserved it, im sure carmody was sent off in the league final??, pissing rain lim won 14 to 13 maybe?
this is why you need SLR around the place[/quote]

Tipp led 0-10 to 0-02 at half time, Ray Sampson scored the winner for Limerick that day. No sendings off.

What are your opinions on him as a ref CH?

He is okay, a little picky on certain things but overall not so bad. He looks after himself fitness wise compared to some of the lugs refereeing today so he will be able to keep up with play.

Technically he is sharp, he will call up barging & overcarrying where others won’t. Lester Ryan being penalized yesterday being an indication of what i just said.
I think he would be a good appointment & deserves his chance at the gig.

I remember it well. A fantastic day and Limerick fans celebrated the final whistle like an All Ireland win. Was some comeback

Limerick and cork both evens with pp draw is 9 ta 1

There will be a weight of money on Cork. They can’t help themselves. Once Limerick get to 6/4 I’m piling in.

One shrewd punter I know piled on this morning when Hills opened with Limerick @ 6/4

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTN8yX5TRAwV_UT6EKT6UhS8zfKLVV_1i8fiTJhdkg7kTy-ty_RxQ

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI0xZHzCTBDeR0pjH2SmQzngx5ictmjIP3cITzscWJrbkDU4Fh8w

http://www.gaacork.ie/user_data/modules/contents/7/featured_0sN2qpFEUgqvORBCe7c4qnn6.png

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 791561, member: 273”]Anyone take much notice of a creeping in of first time pulling and loads of batting ( a Clare tactic with a while I know) from Cork. They seem like they might be trying to marry old hurling with some of the new more sensible stuff.

I have always thought there was a place for first timing it, especially if its a tactic and your inside forwards know it’s coming[/quote]

I saw a lot of the first time ground hurling alright. TBH a lot of it didn’t work that well, I’d only trust Paudie Sul’s ground hurling at this standard.

Still, that kind of stuff can definitely help if done properly for a team that is short in ball-winning ability and physical aggression.

[quote=“Turenne, post: 791837, member: 232”]I saw a lot of the first time ground hurling alright. TBH a lot of it didn’t work that well, I’d only trust Paudie Sul’s ground hurling at this standard.

Still, that kind of stuff can definitely help if done properly for a team that is short in ball-winning ability and physical aggression.[/quote]

Great point made by Harnedy about UCC (and it extends to CIT) and indicating that it has superseded underage teams in terms of development. That’s a very good and fair point, it’s a far higher standard when you think about it. 10 of the Cork team have Fitzgibbons, worth alot more than a Minor All-Ireland.

I have the hurl he did it with at home, signed by the man himself.

Yeah… we should put him on to mark Pat Horgan…With his tight man marking approach we will only be down 2-5 after 15 minutes, but to be fair Markie will have scored 4 points himself fr0m corner back… Great idea:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I suppose you wouldn’t play Mike Houlihan either pal?