Munster hurling final 2019

Iā€™m not confused. Tipperary beat Galway in a qualifier in 2014 where Callanan got a hat trick

4 Likes

I have forgotten that game for obvious reasons.

Yaā€¦ maybe moving Maher out of a position he is utter shit in and into one where he can dominate a game from was slightly more important there.

Tensions rising here. Great to see.

Shame that lads have forgotten Paudi Maherā€™s 2009 all Ireland final performance. It was Lohan esque

2 Likes

My opinions are,

• Casey is not a good FB
  • James Barry is better than Casey
  • SĆ©an Finn is better than Casey

You seem to find it difficult to make straight calls based mainly on your odd habit of following IC players about gazing at their physiques.

You need to take a step back from the keyboard and stop stalking these poor lads about the County.

A lot of attacking the poster and not the post here. A sure sign of weakness and fear on the attackers part. A fine tradition on TFK.

Yes he was poor there but he was still playing there in 2014 because there was no other option. Barry went in having never played there, stopped Glynn who was destroying them and had a great 3 years where he was rarely beaten afterwards

Finn and Barry are better than mike Casey. Casey is young though and can still improve. Literally no fullback in the country bar daithi Burke is any good unless they are getting a heap of cover of their other 5 backs. The art of defending is being lost.

Daithi Burke is the best full back around, albeit he was a bit out of sorts this season. Casey had a great All Ireland Final, even having the temerity not to let Glynn catch the ball. But heā€™s had tough games on Conlon last year and Horgan a couple of times, for example. Barry has been good and then struggled, and now seems to be coming back to form. I think Liam Ryan belongs in the conversation too but we play the 7th defender so that counts against him. That said, our defensive positioning is often all over the place in any case and he usually does very well in one on ones.

1 Like

He won motm as full back in the 2008 u21 final too when Chip lost to a far superior KK outfit [no change there]. He was outstanding as much as I hated that team for the robbery they partook in earlier that summer.

I think he also kept Joe quiet from full back in a minor final when Galway, sorry Joe were on for 3 in a row. Heā€™s a great full back but lacks pace.

1 Like

Pa Horgan got 14 points (four from play off Barry) he got 1-9 (1-3 from play off Casey)

1 Like

Iā€™d agree I thought Casey was a little overrated on the basis of the Johnny glynn game. Well its quite simple i think glynn is pretty awful. Hes easily marshalled. Casey has had a fine year last year but has been a little under par so far this year. Tbf most limerick players have been, he missed most of the league and the half back line hasnā€™t been settled either which is tough on inside defenders.

I may be wrong but he kept Horgan scoreless from play in the All Ireland semi final, he nullified Glynn who is a cart horse but has given plenty of full backs and wing backs trouble over the years. Na Piarsiagh would have won a second club All Ireland if he has not gone off injured in the replay, he had completely nullified Con Oā€™Callaghan. He is an excellent full back who has had a number of injuries and will only get better. Enough lads here with not one iota about the game, they have probably never played and hence their hurler on the ditch opinion is not worth bollix.

7 Likes

Fire up a picture of your megals there mate.

4 Likes

Prime candidate.

You batted that away lovely, you definitely played a bit alright.

3 Likes

No need to converse with a vagrant like you these days. More medals than you are ever likely to see. Do me a favor and fuck off to your junior B hurling.

Would you carry them around in your bag, or your arse pocket? Or does you mammy have them?

Is it club or colleges you would like to know about.