Munster hurling final 2019

They all rely on each other to play well.

with the standard of forward in Munster you have to give the full back line protection. if you leave them exposed and one v one, with enough ball going in, theyā€™ll cough up scores. Youā€™re looking at the likes of Callanan, Conlon, Horgan, Cadogan, even Bennet, McGrath, Forde. These lads are all lethal.
Itā€™s easy take one isolated incident (the long ball fuck up goal against Cork) and use it as a stick to beat our most functioning line with.
The issues here have been more symptomatic of the system breaking down, twice.

Iā€™d change none of them

Scored a scrappy goal off a point effort that dropped short in the first minute and then scored one point in the rest of the game against an injured Casey and Bumbles has been telling us since that Pat Ryan roasted Casey. :rollseyes:

Iā€™d rate very few forwards in Munster at the moment. I think @glasagusban was crowing about the tipps forwards last year. I think most of them are overrated. Limericks game plan is based on the collective. Half forwards working back to cut off space for the opposition attackers and in turn creating extra space for our full forward line. Iā€™m sure the cork fullback line would love the cover the limerick full back line get. Anyway the point is saying James Barry is only any good because of paudie Maher is wrong. You could say the exact same thing about hannon and Casey or English. Casey at 3 is the foil to hannon. They complement each other just like paudie Maher and James Barry etc.

Ah yeah when things are going well and the centre back is allowed sit in and mop up of course it takes pressure off your full back line. The further out you stop the attack the better, obviously and itā€™s part of modern hurling to stop attacks as high up the pitch as you can (unless youā€™re Wexford)

Hannon was on the pitch against Clare in the first 10 minutes when they had three goal chances and the full back line worked like animals to hook, block and drag and tear so theyā€™d no easy goal.

They really didnā€™t. Hannon stopped one and shanagher or donnell missed an open goal with no defender on then. I thought we were badly caught out.

I wouldnā€™t agree when you say things are going well and the centre back is allowed mop up. Limericks game plan is designed to free up hannon. Limerick were fairly happy to allow joe canning go unmarked just to keep hannon in front of the full back line. He starts so many of our attacks and is very comfortable on the ball. Hes the key man imo. If heā€™s tied up defending we are in big trouble. Tactically cork have us here. They can tie up hannon and also exploited dan m a few times. Thatā€™s why I hate playing them the most. I think they are the one team that can beat us.

Basically the workmanlike limerick forwards v the more skilful tipp forwards. Wet day would suit limerick.

Limerick hurl best in sweltering heat.

thatā€™s bollocks. A wet day on hard summer ground always suits the more skillful players.

As hot as it can get. 30 degrees.

40 degrees & the ravenous home crowd to roar us over the line

Full back Power rankings

1 Burke (GY)
2 Ryan (WX)
3 Barry (TY)
4 O Donnell (DN)
5 Casey (LK)
6 Prunty (WD)
7 Mcinerney (CE)
8 Cadogan (CK)
9 Lawlor (KK)
10 Doyle (CW)

1 Like

O Donnell would be my all star fb if the season ended now.

That list is invalid

Why

The best full back in hurling this year is yer man from Westmeath and Westmeath are in the All Ireland Hurling Championship.

1 Like

Very little fanfare about this match for a Munster final. Iā€™d expect itā€™s because , with the exception of Tipp, every team in Munster has been brutal this year.

Point accepted. The anti Joe McDonagh cup bias by the media clearly permeated by mind. (To use Derek McGrath speak)

1 Like

It disgusts me to my very core. Your list besides that is pretty on the money.

1 Like

Itā€™s a good list in fairness. Iā€™d maybe have O Donnell just ahead of Barry