Munster hurling final 2019

• means fuck all
  • probably but guarantees nothing
  • huge loss
  • Barrett won’t be risked . Tipp would be mad to do so :

Very hard game to call . Nightmare scenario for both counties is a draw .

1 Like

Pat Simon is in great form and could well be the difference in the last ten minutes.

I wonder will Colin malachy get any gametime this year?

yeah but it was kind of handy to have both the Bonnar & McCormack option. one gone now

yeah a draw not appetising for anyone bar the bean counters in thurles and the munster council.

anyways very hard to call but the few reasons I have set out kind of lean me towards Limerick

While a draw for the eventual winners of Munster (assuming it’s decided on the first replay) wouldn’t be too bad, for the losers it’s a big ask

1 Like

agreed

1 Like

Last year it did Kk no favours our 3 weeks in a row and injuries .

Not a hope that he’s togging

No need to risk him

Even if it was an All Ireland final, they wouldn’t be togging him I’d say .

More years than that. Won a club football medal in 2011, the first of seven. Just won his third AI club medal. Would you give up football? It definitely hurts his hurling but he is racking up AI medals in the meantime.

1 Like

Who was in the qualifying group?

We defeated Malta twice- Hungary Spain- boi

I find it hard to know where limerick are actually at now. This we went out to lose mentality really irks me. It’s obviously back fired as cork lost. Knocking cork would have been huge. So now we are in a Munster final. Are we ready? I don’t think all Ireland q/fs are for two weeks. Kiely must really have wanted 3rd place. I think we’ll need a performance similar to the one against Galway to win. I find it very hard to predict but I think if we do lose it’ll be the end of the road in the q/fs. Team wise I’d be surprised if there isn’t at least four changes. The only tight call is WOD and DOD and it’s probably not even that close. Dowling totally underperformed v tipp and as I’ve pointed out he’s much better coming in off the bench under kiely. I think one thing we do need to look at is keeping peter Casey on the pitch when we unleash the Dow. The two of those really linked well last year. Flanagan seems to have completely lost his form which is a huge pity. I guess pol and dan morrissey is a call too. Don’t think it’ll make too much difference all the same.

In reality, ye were terrible against Galway in the final, Galway were just worse. Ye must have had 12 wides in the first half. Work-rate was off the scale alright.

Not really we played very well for 50 minute. Limerick took shots in the final they would nt have taken in the semi final or earlier as they totally solved Galways pucks outs and they were happy for the ball to go dead as opposed to be turned over by a Galway player.

1 Like

After throwing the last game?

Seems to be a bit of chat about that pat Ryan will be starting. Don’t really see it myself.

You of all people should appreciate the effects of good to firm ground suiting certain thoroughbreds and with the sweltering conditions over the next few days Pat Simon will be like a prized ostrich on Sunday.

Not so much conditions just again like the dow he’s a 20 minute player for me.