Munster hurling final 2019

You wouldn’t be wrong pal. One of the downsides is you get stuck organising tickets for the family bandwagoners when a final heaves in to view

2 Likes

American multinational crowd - Edward lifesciences are now donating a few quid to Limerick gaa, cc @Perez2017

Not sure pal.

There probably is, come to think of it. They’ll want their pound of flesh, get people into the shops to spend on stuff in addition to tickets.

Thanks Ambrose. Viewing rights only for many years!

2 Likes

Was on the season ticket 2009-15 and 17.
Change in circumstances last two years meant that I didn’t take it on.

Early years the tickets were as good as anything, centre of Lower Cusack for AI finals. Even the worse tickets we got were still decent Lower Cusack 09-11 and 14, it took a lot of hassle in the weeks leading up. Didn’t take it up in 16 but still managed to get a decent ticket but I’d say the supporters were somewhat jaded of Tipp KK finals.

Tipp clubs have warned members that allocations are low and it will be strictly first come first serve. I’ve looked for 4 (four) stand tickets and won’t know If I have them until Thursday evening.

You are nuts. Buy a season ticket. Genuine supporters as you call them buy season tickets.

I’m sorry but that’s rubbish. A lot of people simply aren’t able to make a lot of games for many reasons. My dad simply Wouldnt survive a league game in the spring with the usual weather we get. The season ticket sorts a certain sector of the support base but it doesn’t work for all people.

1 Like

Can’t have it every way kid.

Although if your Dad is a club member then he’ll be grand for tickets then won’t he

1 Like

And the price is another factor.

The first year it was €75. Smashing value. I bought two the first three or four years. One for myself and the father. Once Munster was over, he had no interest (he won’t go to Croker; hasn’t been there since 01 final) and I’d have a spare ticket (the Mrs or sister or a friend would take) .

It went over the €100 mark anyway so I’d say that was a deterrent to many

Being a club member isn’t a guarantee of a ticket when demand is high.

I find the older you get, however, the easier it comes to get a ticket. You’ll know somebody who’ll know a fella that needs a swap and somewhere down the line a ticket or two come available.

I remember a gang of five of us outside Thurles for 2000 Munster Final. Not a ticket between us. One by one I sourced terrace tickets. The last one about twenty minutes before throw in. Haven’t seen it like that for a Munster final since

He has tickets it was just an example but the notion all genuine supporters can go off and buy a season ticket is simply daft in my opinion.

The gaa have false economies down to a tee. I’ve been going to matches over 20 years and I’ve never seen anyone who genuinely wanted a ticket to miss out.

4 Likes

No I know of two good supporters who’d be a lot of championship games. They got two terrace tickets but they might as well Have gotten none. Only hope is a swap.

All Ireland tickets are always gettable, pal. Come on now.

1 Like

PM sent, Eddie. :+1:

It’s only fairly recently sinse the tickets have started being distributed through shops. It was totally different when they were divided by the clubs. The all ireland was a good example I didn’t hear of any hard look stories. All went through the clubs.

Course they are. When you’re county gets to enough of them you realise that

Your.

2 Likes

Depends on the line up. I think there was a bit of a novelty factor last year. I’d half a dozen different people contact me, some of them absolute bandwagoners, others quite genuine including a forumite and a fella who had a relation on the panel. They all got sorted (not by me) but it was tricky enough.

I didn’t get one for 01 (Hogan renovations were going on weren’t they?) I’d spent the summer working in a restaurant in Nova Scotia and came back two days before the match. The auld lad had a ticket and was waiting on a second to come in. I went on the absolute rip on the Saturday night inside in Limerick and got home just as the father was getting ready to leave (he felt it was necessary to depart at 6am). He said he didn’t get an extra ticket, so I said fuck it, I’ll stay at home.

1 Like