Munster hurling final 2019

Iā€™d be surprised if Tipp didnā€™t win

I would fully expect Limerick to win by 5 or 6 points. This Limerick team have been strolling doing what they need to do. They obliterated Clare their biggest rivals in Limerick when they had to and they will do the same to Tipperary. The influence of Hannon, Lynch and Hegarty is absolutely huge. Hannonā€™s delivery, Lynch the best player in the country and Hegarty who is a real handful. One winner and it is Limerick, I have no doubts.

Paper never refused ink

Tipp will surely win this. They wonā€™t score as little as they did last week.

We will scrape it.

You reckon that with a weakened set of forwards, against a strengthened defence, theyā€™ll score more? How so?

Dan McCormack was excellent when he went on and Niall O Meara if fit is better than Morris. Bonnar is a big loss but donā€™t think itā€™s weakened that much if O Meara is fit

Iā€™d expect Tipp to score more than 1-22

Tipp didnā€™t score in the first ten minutes cos they had a mad horn to get an early goal. If they donā€™t get more than 30 points (they had 25 last week), Iā€™d be shocked

In fairness they had left a goal behind them and 4 wifeā€™s youā€™d expect them to score inside the first 10 minutes. Itā€™s a strong presumption though. Limerickā€™s defence is stronger than what yeā€™ve met already and Limerick also put up 30 against the whopping boy teams, so by your logic we can expect to score 30 plus agin Tipp.

I was going to edit my post there to correct wifeā€™s to read wides. Then I remembered I was talking about the Tipp team and on reflection decided to leave it as it is.

6 Likes

It would be wives then mate.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think the likes of pawdie can spell mate.

I think Tipp have four real quality forwards and any of them can go to town. I think Limerick have maybe two thatā€™ll be starting

Heā€™s not as bad as the Limerick lads clearly

You LK guys :grin:

2 Likes

They could indeed. Apart from Callanan they each do it about as often as any of the limerick forwards though.

Who are the two?

John McGrath is very consistent

Gillane and Mulcahy. Some lovely workers around them but wouldnā€™t consider any of them top class. A few high towers is all. Dowling more skill than any of them but heā€™s the width of two Jason Fordes

1 Like

Rarely scores less than 3-4 points and always involved in plenty. Very efficient with his shooting and a huge goal threat. Would walk on any team in the country