Munster hurling final 2019

Gillane/Mulcahy up against Flynn is the key to this I think. Flynn is a good hurler but not a great man marker and you could see either getting a lot of joy from that match up. If Flynn does alright there I see it being a Tipp win by more than one score

1 Like

You are making the wrong call on Peter Casey who will prove to be one of the best forwards in the country. Hegarty and Hayes are imperious. Big men who bully teams, work really hard and have gears to burn. It should be interesting but Limerick by 5/6 as they will have too much for this Tipperary team I am sure.

Cork shut Hegarty down completely you dose

He may eventually be but he’s like a child on the field in tight intercounty games at the moment. He’ll hardly even start anyway?

The whole Limerick team played poorly that day you fuckwit.

Jesus

He is likely to start I would think.

Exactly. He’s unproven at this level

The others are mullockers. You only need one or two of them

A mullocker would be a lad who just grafts though. Not one of the Tipperary half back line would have the pace for Hegarty or Hayes, to call them mullockers is disingenuous to them and more apt for a Bonner Maher or a Dan McCormack. A question, in his career how many points has Bonner Maher scored, a brilliant worker but a pure mullocker.

1 Like

The answer is 25 in 43 games. For such a dominant team for periods of his career it is a shocking statistic. A brilliant hurler for the workrate and teamwork he brings but a proper mullocker.

Wikipedia tells me he has scored 6-25 in Championship and 8-13 in League

He’s on 43 points over 43 games. 1 per game.
Gearoid Hegarty, who’ve you’ve lauded, is on 20 points (1-17) in 12 games, about 1.6 per game. Not a huge difference.

Bonner spent years sacrificing scoring by setting up scores and getting the shite leathered out of him to give handy frees for the likes of Eoin Kelly and Seamie to convert.

It is a massive difference when you put it over a period of time and also how dominant this Tipperary side was for such a long period in Munster. What are Hayes stats? I am sure more impressive again I would think.

I am sure the statistics are wrong also seeing Hegarty got a goal against Waterford the last two years.

Perhaps Bonner’s wikipedia stats are wrong so? And Bonner was doing it at 20.

Hayes is 2-21 (27) over 13 championship games, just over 2 per game. Go off and do your own research from here on pal :wink:

Oh and @the_man_himself, John McGrath is currently on 11-44 (77 points) over 18 championship appearances.

Might he throw a curveball and start the Mouse?

Clearly a big issue with consistency there

I think you’re confusing a “wristy” with top quality. Tom Morrissey’s scoring would compare favourably with any of the Tipp half forwards I would say. Hegarty and Hayes contribute regular scores too. In callanan ye have a real top class forward. Bubbles is as likely to do fuck all as shoot the lights out, John McGrath is top notch, forde wouldn’t strike fear in anyone, I forget who else ye have after bonnar so they probably aren’t up to much.

Tipp have the more natural forwards … that’s no shock.

People do underestimate Hegarty tho. He’s a fine player… Hayes is an animal, I wouldnt call him a forward tho. Peter Casey has been very up and down but has the potential to be top class.

Be very interesting if Tipp can replicate the same plan as the last day - with Limerick having 4 key men back. Hayes will probably play a lot closer to Paudie at times - be a great tussle.

If we are going by the last day solely, Limerick were constantly looking to play the one ball in - probing all day. I dont think that will be the case either the next day and you’ll have lads popping off scores from out the field - The out ball from Hannon will be much superior and we ahve a serious out let in Hegarty.

Tipp certainly have another gear and are sublime in full flow but Limerick have 2 or 3 gears themselves that they can go up — hopefully both go at it hammer and flippers and it’s a right good dust up.

2 Likes

Seems to be down the pecking order for whatever reason. I quite like yer clubman in the other corner. Very tight and tough