Munster hurling final 2019

Scared shitless anyone might start rating them.

Traumatic being walked all over

No in ascot

You won’t get more than one all-ireland out of mullockers, somewhere the hurling needs to take over and this Limerick team have a severe deficiency in that regard. Thats to take nothing away from them and their fantastic achievements. If anything it only makes me respect them even more.

1 Like

Like Clare’s young bright starlets of 2013, with their sleek and pure brand of hurling? :eek:

Clare lads offering advice on the kinds of teams you won’t get more than one all Ireland out of :grinning:

1 Like

Who better, we got 2 out of one great bunch and only 1 out of this current bunch in the middle of Limericks 45 year wait. If anyone knows what it takes its Clare people.

Could be have maybe two threads for this game one for the simpletons and the other for actual discussion on the game? Anyway it’s probably the most fascinating Munster final in the past decade or so. 2 of the 3 top teams in the country. I think it was quite clear limerick wanted to finish in the 3rd spot but that backfired and now will want to do everything to avoid a very trappy all Ireland q/f. Tipp have serious momentum and as evidenced by their round one performance v cork can perform to a high level off a break so will be gunning for another Munster title. Full house expected and the weather looks brilliant too. I think midfield is the one area Limerick can dominate and we’ll need to in order to stand a chance of winning. I’d be confident our half forward line can shut Tipps launching pad in the form of the 3 mahers. I thought Tipp scored much easier than limerick the last day. Maybe Tom morrissey got a point after half time and limerick had a little momentum and tipp shredded our fullback line and immediately scored a goal. I think it will be a draw.

1 Like

Sure we got one and it was great. I think this limerick team will be competitive for a few years yet and deliver more silverware in they way that the Clare team of 2013 didn’t. But like Clare in 2013, an all Ireland is a fine achievement.

WOD was bad dod was worse. I’d be looking elsewhere for a partner for lynch next year. We’ve to make do this year.

It should be Robbie Hanley in truth.

1 Like

I thought o Donohue had a fine game. DOD/WOD offer very different qualities when partnered with Cian Lynch.

Either one play the Gattuso role to Lynchs Pirlo.

Did well enough in limited opportunities in the league, Colin Ryan is the one making the bench though. Any update on Paul Browne? He could be a nice addition.

It’s a real pity on Browne, at full fitness he is well suited to this short game & linking play. Work all day for you too.

Plus his style of hurlin is tidy, we don’t have many lads like that around the middle.

He had fallen off big time for me. Now the style we are playing would suit him more. Hanley has more hurling than O’Donoghue and he has a good engine which the two boys lack. He is one tough fold also.

@Big_Dan_Campbell, you got the boys nice and riled up there, I’d say you had a good auld chuckle to yourself watching them pile in.

I agree, towards the end his form had seriously dipped. I’m probably just thinking of him when he was at his peak of doing well.

“Sure I did nawtin, Tom”

2 Likes

Yep. Full of running too. If he can return to his best he could well start. I think WOD has done quite well, clearly trying to keep things simple when on the ball, I’d expect he’ll improve with games.