Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

That was a very hard piece to copy on the phone and I lost a picture of the Dow in the process.

Apologies

2 Likes

The walls are crashing in

1 Like

He wouldn’t fit on the page ?

1 Like

Literally

1 Like

Shane is a lovely chap

Cc my reply on the Limerick GAA forum. Its more applicable here

Also Gerry Thorney struck the same point in IT today too. Donns tweet sums up how ridiculous the IRFUs attitude is to the club game

Turn the AIL into the Pig n Porter :grinning:

Basically :rofl: I’ve never had a non contact training session that didn’t end up in full contact or a punch up. Tag rugby is a sly way to sexually harrass women

“Limerick was the home of Munster rugby for me growing up,” former Limerick hurler Shane Dowling said, following the recent All-Ireland win. "The year (2006) they won the Heineken Cup, how many thousands of people were on O’Connell Street? That’s what I grew up watching.

“What Limerick GAA have done in the last 10 years, don’t think it came with the success of the last three years, with the underage Academies - any 12-, 13-, 14-year old wants to get into that set-up knowing how good it is. Hurling is now number one in Limerick.”

Ah lovely, The Dow sowed it into them good and proper there. :clap::clap:

6 Likes

Grab em by the pussy?

I see there is a player released from the Munster academy who played hurling 5 or 6 years ago being called straight into the tipp squad for next year :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Limerick way has spooked a lot of counties I’d say

1 Like

How needy

regarding the limerick lads on the munster team which is a subject in the article

was the munster team ever really stocked up with Limerick men?

2008 heineken cup win you had O’Connell, Flannery, Hayes , wallace in the 15 and earls an unused sub ( 5 out of 22)

Flannery and Wallace werent Limerick natives, I reckon Munster have had around 2 or 3 Limerick lads starting on their teams generally from 2008 onwards.

1 Like

Munster released him last season. Cant understand why he wasn’t giving a contract. He played minor hurling and football for tipp. Losing both AI finals that year. He also won a leinster senior Cup with Roscrea. Seriously talent. Munsters loss. Sheedy asked him to join the squad in 2019 but munster wouldn’t allow it

2 Likes

Always assumed those successful Munster team were full of Limerick lads

Also I’m sure you meant to say

Paulie
Flah
The Bull
Wally

Yeah cracking player. Thought def worth a go up in Connacht or somewhere. I’d say never got so much as a minute in first team for Minster did he?

Darragh Sweetnam of Cork was supposed to be a great hurling prospect wasn’t he? Think he may have played against Wexford in the 2012 qualifier in Thurles.

1 Like

Its not an issue that they are from limerick the issue is the decline of club rugby in limerick. Underage is crippled by schools Cup tieing 40 players each for the junior and senior cups. If you take crescent SMC ASR castletroy your talking 160 players out of the playing pool at under 18.5 and under 16.5. Shannon/st Mary’s have had joint underage teams for years. A few years back you had GSOC at under 16s Garryowen Shannon and Old crescent. YM have avoided it for years bit now are struggling at under 16s and its mainly under 15s playing both age groups.

Compound that with hurling been in vogue. More games less politics and a decent structure for players. It makes an easy choice for young fellas. IRFU and munster branch are to take the blame. Letting the club vs schools fester for so long, allowing schools hoover players to supply 4 schools rather than leave 12 clubs compete at underage. The 25 guys not starting schools don’t get games and the clubs can’t field so no one else gets a game

1 Like

Similar in 00. Halvey, clohessy, Hayes. Foley wood and Horan all Clare. Wallace you could argue he is a corkman… None of the backs were from lmk