Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

You are mixing up ten year tickets and season tickets. Season tickets go up for renewal every year.

I spoke to a lad who has 4 season tickets. He got a call last wednesday morning asking if/why he hadnt purchased. He basically told them he wasnt arsed. 4 tickets arrived in the post Friday morning with the compliments of Munster Rugby. i just met him and his famly at the kiddies version of the great Limerick Run in UL.

1 Like

Ok well the 10 year tickets are counted even if they arent there.

Thatā€™s bollix in fairness.

Official attendance counts the people who enter the gates fellas

Depends on the stadium, some will count season ticket holders automatically.

I think Thomond donā€™t do that for any games anymore.

Munster include season ticket holders for European games and pro12 games included in the season ticket package. Todayā€™s game was not a part of this package.

I know today wasnā€™t obviously, they donā€™t count in the season ticket packet.

I was told recently though that Thomond now only announce numbers through the gate for all games. Iā€™m not so sure about that tbf, as Iā€™ve seem fixtures reported that donā€™t look anywhere near that. Hard to tell with the two stands though.

On your second point id be very surprised if thatā€™s true.

I donā€™t have a problem with either way.

If a ticket is sold, itā€™s sold.

I was comparing the numbers watching both sports not whether players of each coded are paid .

How is the Railway Cup going?

They should of brought that to Irish Independent Park.

Yet one is a province

Lads
OK. Iā€™m new enough to this but arenā€™t those Italians basically the equivilant of say the monaghan hurlers?

1 Like

More like Wexford, theyā€™d often put it up to you but youā€™d be morto to lose to them on a big day

5 Likes

Watch it.

Was in town today and the atmosphere was unreal. Plenty people talking about this day fortnight and the same people giving out about team Muuunster. The brand is waning, badly apparently. Not badly enough though. The comments about their last game were awful. I almost felt sorry for them. Almost.

4 Likes

10k attendance confirmed thereā€¦ But itā€™s not really a surprise. outside of the Heineken Cup games, thereā€™s always been two men and a dog watching Munster play.

Iā€™d say thereā€™s about 1500-2k Munster fans in Limerick - 3-4k from Cork and then bits and pieces scattered around the rest of the province. Thatā€™s about your 10k right there.