Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Itā€™s a fair point but I wouldnā€™t argue with too much of that team. Guys like Baird, Casey and Doris are there more on potential than anything but thatā€™s kinda the way these things go. Reality is with the Leinster pipeline itā€™s hard to see the Irish team in 2023 being heavily weighted with players from there.

:pint:

Ten of the team of the future attended 3 private schools in South Dublin. This will truly be the ā€œteam of usā€.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a different point.

The first one was having a pop at Cunniskey because he suggested Leinster (and Rock) players would dominate.

The bin men and dockers need to start unearthing a few players.

#SUAF

And Gav is always right about these things

He is a laughable arsehole he is so biased.

Would agree with the general point about the leinster pipeline but he is a joke of a journalist

Gavin Cummiskey is a respected journalist and truth teller.

The Munster lads would have Billy Holland and Raheenā€™s Jean Kleyn starting in the second row for Ireland.

1 Like

TBF about 7 Munster lads started for the grand slam u20 team in 2019. Obviously weā€™ll see how many make it to the top, but thereā€™s a few talents there to hopefully get Irish caps in the future. Itā€™s always dominated by Dubs unfortunately but last year there was more Munster lads on the u20 than for a long time, and they managed to win the GS

Tommy O Donnell at 7 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Munsterā€™s best player nowadays is a lad from Waterford.

A lad from Woodstown who was too awkward to be a hurler.

2 Likes

Well obviously this will be wrong - how could it be otherwise.

I think youā€™re getting a little bit of Munster chipitis about Gav.

A little too much time following ThreeRedKings on twitter perhaps where journalists are always biased, refs always make grevious errors, Munster players are always unfairly overlooked etc etc ad infinitum

My initial thought was that he had failed to take account of the project players who will qualify for Ireland. Will James Lowe be qualified by 2023?

Yeah - thatā€™s a good point. Iā€™d have him in a heartbeat over Stockdale who I think makes a lot of mistakes

You canā€™t spell #SUAF without #SA

2 Likes

Ulster have high hopes for the other winger Baloucoune

They slag off Commiskey yet wax lyrical about Killy Beane

2 Likes

Stockdale is a donkey

Within a mile of each other. The gene pool is becoming smaller