Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

@johnnysachs embarrassing himself, coming out mouthing off with his anti-rugby agenda not having done his homework.

He should take a lead out of @dodgy_keeper book and watch the rugby matches that he’s commenting on.

They played very well for 65 minutes. You’ve a very poor understanding of game.

@the_man_himself was bigging up poor Finn Russell. If Munster are to compete with racing metro they will always need an element of luck this side of the six nations and a full squad to pick from. Nearly impossible to beat at home.

1 Like

Would they not have been better off playing for a draw?

They got hammered in the end and their only try to keep them in touch was an intercept when Racing were about to score a try themselves

probably but being honest they were always expected to be hammered yesterday. The really sickner was the home game.

Racing’s first two tries came from huge slices of luck. 9 times out of ten 10 those tries aren’t scored. Doesn’t make them any less a try.

Talk me through this “luck”. Was that the outstanding pass by the scrum half for the first and the outstanding grounding by the wing for the second?

Did you see when the racing player dropped the ball and it bounced backwards in the lead up to the try? If you are putting Conways reading of the racing attack down to luck than racing’s two tries involved huge slices of luck as well.

Yes mate lots of tries come from broken play. Racing were well inside the 22 so were obviously dominating the game at that point. I didn’t say Conway’s was luck. It’s just clear that an intercept try that you run from your own 22 is not anything to do with playing well as a team

So you’re saying because the way try was scored and end scorelines means they couldn’t have played well?

Yes getting hammered is generally a sign of not playing well

Defending well is of course the sign of a team playing well. Just stop guessing it’s tedious.

Defending well by allowing the other team to stretch your defence in your own 22? Conway did very well, it was nothing to do with Munster as a team defending well

Munster played well but silly penos killed them. Even the ball kleyn charged down that floats straight into a racing fellas hands was fierce annoying and I thought o Mahoney was harshly pinged for that penalty.

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Well you’re just wrong so. They played well above themselves yday but same faults of lack of cutting edge and creativity killed them

1 Like

I thought Munster were heroic yesterday against a much stronger and much better resourced opponent.

1 Like

Holland just isn’t good enough. His knock on when Munster were inches from the line finished us. I know we went two points up but it should have been a seven pointer.

Nail on the head.