Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

I know that. And time is running short.

This year will be the low point of the curve. Munster will be back strong next year with the two additional South Africans and the son of a Former All Black. A true Team of Us (and everyone else).

Flatty is a Saracens fan.

Wegians mate. After that I don’t care much

They had ten Munster lads starting yesterday. I doubt many more bar Leinster had more home grown players playing this weekend.

the bastard provinces killed rugby in Ireland.

That’s the problem apparently. They just aren’t good enough. The powers that be appear to be admitting this by importing more players.

1 Like

Despite a 17 point defeat in a season defining game every single Munster player was heroic and brave yesterday. To say otherwise is completely unfair to all those brave warriors.

4 Likes

It’s unpatriotic mate.

I wouldn’t think that’s the problem. Every professional team is constantly trying to sign players.

I think it is acknowledged that Haley, Kleyn and a few others were poor

Hayley was awful and just isn’t at the level required. Two vital penalties conceded and the first one was a 4 v 2 overlap.

Of course they’re doing this. It is a professional sport. No club can just rely on bringing local players through their academies with Leinster being the obvious exception but they have a population pool of over 2 million people and a load of private schools acting as mini academies which are distinct advantages that very few other clubs could replicate.

They didn’t show their Munsterness - because they are dodgy foreigners.

All the born and bred Munster players like Pete, CJ, Conor, Conway and JJ were outstanding.

Niall Scannell was the worst player on the pitch yesterday followed by Haley. Also, I know @gilgamboa is a big fan of Rory Scannell but I just don’t see it at all.

Leinster still have fardy and James Lowe.

I didn’t think Niall Scannell was too bad. Rory Scannell is meh for me. He’s good at everything but not great at one thing.

Jack o donghue was brilliant.

Of course, they’re supplementing their academy players with quality imports. Munster’s overseas signings have been of a much lower quality than Leinster’s in the last 6 or 7 years.

He was.