Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Yeah he barely played for them in the pro era but was there in 2000 for his sabbatical which added to the myth at the time.

Taxi for @anon26343222 . Was he resigned For Munster in 03 and got injured or did he just retire after the World Cup?

I had a great day out at that, a scorcher of a day, with a heap of pints in Searons before and after it.

2 Likes

Did Charlie have searsons back then?

Aww you missed wc 94 And I doubt you remember 02 .those were the days . I feel sorry for you talking a big game and you didnā€™t even witness any of it .

Wtf are you on about :joy:

Guess thatā€™s why he trys to stay relevant with talking about horses and ponys :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

No idea. It was rare we crossed the canal.

1 Like

Charlie got searsons well after the recession. It was closed for a good while post recession when I was in Dublin. Apparently the previous landlord was paying extortionate rent. Iā€™d say Charlie got it for a song

Landsdowne road was a great stadium. Youā€™d miss terraces in soccer and rugby games like that nowadays. I hate the aviva. Always a poor atmosphere.

1 Like

He has it for nothing alright I know the son a tiny bit. Bill junior. Hard to believe a place like that would be closed down.

He didnt. It is a guinness owned pub and they charge through the nose for it

His body was destroyed so he was always retiring IIRC, certainly itā€™s what he told Quinns. I donā€™t believe he played a lot of rugby in 2002/2003, didnā€™t play in 2002 vs Australia (Oā€™Driscoll captained for the first time, there was the great image of himself and Eddie walking around after) or the 2003 Six Nations anyway. He basically trained for one last go round with Ireland.

Maybe that was a backup plan, he was on 31/32 retiring, but I had thought he had some career lined up in London for after retiring.

Kearney was on the bench in 06. That was some career.

There were plenty of alikadoos on the Munster team. Just because they werenā€™t from south Dublinā€¦

Probably after selling his share of Sunderland.

Kearney started out in 2005 playing for Leinster in Donnybrook. He would be the last to have played a competitive game there for Leinster which is a bit sad.

Winning all round on that transaction

Informative I didnā€™t even know Guinness owned pubs. He must have got a sweetheart deal initially at least. It was idle a while

Searsons are now selling takeaway grub. The food is good there but canā€™t imagine it would generate the kind of cashflow a big place like that would need to cover loans.