Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

I’ve never had any major dealings with him but Jerry seems an alright sort.

2 Likes

He was a fine hurler.

Its always the way with a 2 year age group. Has always been the way. Nothing new there wether its 16s 19s or 17s 19s or 16.5 18.5

I think its massively exaggerated at 18.5s the fact you’d have lads grown men who would be able for adult rugby playing junior certs tbh

1 Like

absolutely correct but not many Limerick men

ditto here

System in UK is decent. National league for small number of top amateur teams in National 1 and reginalisd below that

Would be way better to do that here and have one national league for ail 1 clubs with access to academy players…

Then completely regionlised below that with no distinction between junior and senior… Just 5 or 6 divisions purely merit based on performance

But senior clubs have battled this for years… Tickets, prestige, politics etc etc

Fuck off you snide little weasel.

Any banana bread baked today?

And the red red robin goes a bob bob bobbing along

Why? He was under contract with them, why the hell would they let him go off hurling?

Exackly… Its not like Liam Sheedy would let him tip off to play a soccer match for the local club if he was in the tipp panel

He was a better footballer than hurler anyway. Couldn’t see him making much of an impact in the hurling

The and half only came in recently when they went back to july 1st being the cut off date for age group change. It was Jan 1st since around 2008 when they changed to 17s and 19s. Prior to the 2008 change is was 16s and 18s with 1st July cut off. The change at that time added a half month. Its gone back to what it was bringing the cut off for underage players back 6 months. For example I went from under 16 to 19 at that time. I was in with guys who were at under 18/19 for the third year as the age group gave them an extra 6 months.

1 Like

Was chatting with a fella recently who was subbing/with the A’s for a good while. He said the culture changed and everything went to shit under Rob Penney.

They bind up younglads with this academy pipe dream bullshit then they cast them out and they come back to their clubs as fat as fools, hardly able to walk, never mind run. That’s why. Hadly fit for junior hurling.

2 Likes

Yeah semi-final against Galway in 2012 he came on I think. There’s always great colour to a Galway-Cork clash. They’ve had relatively few meetings in recent championships.

1 Like

It’s not really a pipe dream I’d imagine, it’s not that hard to be a professional rugby player compared to other sports. He can’t have came back that bad if he’s called into the county hurling panel a few months later

Apparently Tadhg Furlong wanted to do PE teaching in UL when he was finishing school but Leinster made sure he stayed in Dublin.

Well that’s just a ridiculous statement

What is?