Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Maybe it depends on what position they are training them for. I’ve seen fine hurling prospects ruined by the academy. They come back pure stiff arses. U16 young fellas sneaking out to hurl for their club.

You stated it isnt that hard to be a professional rugby player. Ridiculous

Read the full sentence next time like a good chap. Here’s what I wrote

Bit of a difference between a 16 year old and a lad in his 20s under a contract

Its still absolutely ridiculous

No u 16s in the academy sham

I’ve seen both happen. How many lads make it?
If they’re trained to be forwards they are ruined for hurling.

Do you have an actual retort to the statement?

What i think will work is 2 10 team all ireland division using the current 1A and 1B clubs (the IRFU can fuck off trying to parachute connacht or ulster teams into 1A to balance up the regions). With promotions and relagtion to the regional leagues.

4 provincial leagues of 8. Top team in each go into round Robin. Round Robin replaces bottom team in 1B. Second last in 1B plays off with 2nd in the round Robin. Just like the promotion process for junior clubs.

The bottom team in the provincial leagues play off against the junior league winner in promotion/relegation. Each of the senior provincial league will always be 8 teams and if a team is promoted to 1B with no team relegated than no relegation from that league. Similar if vise versa

The provinces can keep the academy players or the provinces can enter the A teams in the league. They are their own clubs now.

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous, that’s a retort.

You’re talking out of you’re hole

As I thought

Jesus Christ, it doesn’t take much :joy:

1 Like

Its hard to get players released to play AIL, JVG probably doesn’t know what a Tipp is

There are 4 professional teams on the island.

It’s a really tough profession.

Where else would you get taken out of training if you weighed too little and run the risk of not getting paid.

A tough, tough thing to do

Thats so fucking accurate it isn’t funny

I never said it wasn’t tough. I was comparing it to other professional sports which are tougher to make it in. If you want to be a professional sportsman in Ireland statistically rugby is your best bet.

Basically any other professional sport as well

Have you the statistics to hand? If you were a kg too light you’d get stood down? Go way you spoofer

It’s fairly obvious. There’s only two potential answers to the question, soccer or rugby. Soccer has participation levels which dwarf rugby and probably slightly more professionals, and less if you only count professionals as those who make a comfortable living

If you’re a kg too light on a given day you get stood down in rugby? Do you have evidence of that?

There are 4 professional rugby teams on this island.

Soccer has a full professional/semi professional league as well as channels to the UK professional system.

Those channels don’t exist in rugby.

You have to be absolutely elite to get a contract in rugby in Ireland. Not so for soccer. I fucking had one at one stage, and I was far from elite

I have the word of a fella that was a professional tight head. He got pulled out of training because he was too light and not maintaining his weight. Missed a match cos he wasnt training and missed bonuses

Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk are the only Irish soccer teams paying decent money. All 4 rugby teams pay decent money.

I see now you just started this conversation to talk about your soccer “career” again