Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

21 years in Cork. I donā€™t nor do I want to qualify for GAA but rugby Iā€™d follow Munster.

Moral victory :ronnyroar:

Claptrap. Better team on the day but Leinster still the better of the two provinces. 2 JJ kicks that should have gone over and the match good differently

Tide is turning. I donā€™t think munster had the best team out based on form

Leinster kinda laughed at the best Munster had there tonightā€¦ Munster chasing the game and they just kept box kicking it. Munster are light years off.

Not a fan of box kicking as often as it is used but it was going well tonight with Murray. Casey was putting them too deep tho when he came on.

Haley was the big surprise for me tonight. Had a fine game. Assured under high ball, composed with ball in hand and found some lovely space with kicks from hand.

Where Leinster have an abundance of 7s, seems weā€™ve an abundance of 6s coming through. Shifting fellas to 5.5 trying to accommodate.

Never happy with defeat but real promising signs there tonight. And if nothing else, think this will seal JJā€™s position as squad player.

And one final note. Only sight of Stander was presenting man of the match medal

1 Like

Munster need to get Jackman in as head coachā€¦

Mike Prendergast is that man they need

The man they need is running the side at the top of the Top 14

I assume you mean ROG? (Toulouse are top). He wouldnā€™t be a bad shout either, has been very good everywhere he has been. R92 have been playing some outstanding rugby

1 Like

Does Casey usually have better accuracy off the boxkicking btw? He had two absolutely woeful ones at a fairly crucial point.

I think he has huge potential btw but thought he was very poor in his brief cameo.

I didnā€™t see todayā€™s results he was top this morning anyway!

Yeah Prendergast has done great at Racing. And Ian Costello a similarly impressive job at Wasps on defence

ROG be off his game to leave LR for the time being. Earning big money in one of the nicest places in Europe to live. Iā€™d say his plan is he will pick his moment and come home do three or four seasons with munster and the ireland job then when it comes up. No need to come home too soon

1 Like

They were very forced efforts. The second one the ball was out of the ruck and in play when he set himself to kick it. No protection

Poor decisions both times to box kick

Munster were the better team this eve, buy Leinster are used to winning. It was the old cliche of the coming team needing to be 10 points better to win by two.

1 Like

There is a good list of irish coaches abroad. No need to go for southern hemisphere lads going forward.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure I buy the ā€œbetterā€ team thing. They kept Leinster at bay but that was about it. Did they threaten the try-line after Beirnes try? All the probing was coming from Leinster - they were just struggling to convert due in part to superb last ditch defending. But they were the ones who looked most like getting the next try and so it proved.

It looked as one-dimensional as ever going forward.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused i thought he was irish?

He wasnā€™t signed from Kilfeacle was he?

1 Like

Some bog warrior club. I thought standar was a tipp town name. Wouldnt want to offered him if he was a clan man

If you canā€™t spell it when itā€™s written down for you

Also go over the bit that says ā€œoverseas signingā€ a few more times