Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Rugby was great for the auld water-cooler conversation in the office. Even women got involved once the Six Nations kicked off. Friday night pints in Ballsbridge :cry:

Jack Carty isn’t in the Connacht squad for today’s match.

I saw that after, must have been the young kid at 10 with the blonde hair threw it. They’ve bigger problems judged on that anyway.

Apologies to Jack Carty, I was mistaken.

2 Likes

Is Ben Healy good enough to start the big games in front of JJ, before (if) Carbery comes back

Whether he is or not, he’s certainly not going to get fazed. Kid is ice cold calm. Seen a fair bit of him underage and his calmness is very impressive

2 Likes

I thought they looked reluctant to involve him last night. Murray and DeAllende seemed to take on a lot and I suppose we want DeAllende smashing teams up rather than playmaker.

Goalkicking wise, I’d say he’d be an upgrade. JJ isn’t a bad goalkicker, but pressure definitely effects him in big moments.

1 Like

Isn’t the fella coming behind him supposed to be better again?

Ya, 20s number 10 Crowley isn’t it.

He got on there the other week I think.

Jack Crowley? He got a brief run out against Ulster in the Pro 14. Was a star for the Irish U20s.

Very highly rated too but perhaps more of ballplayer than Van Graan would.like. might be seen as too loose and game control still a bit off. No doubt of his talent tho

Was unreal last season for cork con too. He will be a top player

Will be hard to develop two coming outhalves and reintegrate carbery too.

ROG tried to bring him to la rochelle… He should have gone would have been great for him

Would have been especially if jj continues in front of him and healy

Think Hanrahan conract up end of season… Would be risky to rely on carbery and two young lads but may as well have a go.

1 Like

It wouldn’t really. You won’t go far in Europe with jj and even with the 3 players you mention they’ll be ok in the league.

1 Like

You would… But if carbery picked up a knock you’d be fairly light for europe. Crowley should get as much gametime now as they can give to end of season

Nice problems to have.

Carberry FB option too

With larkham in there, hopefully he moulds them in his own shape. He was fucking unreal at fullback and then an incredible running outhalf with game control coming as he got older.

1 Like