Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Theyll have DeAllende and Farrell next to them in the big ones hopefully so please God theyd mind them.

Scannell as well is a good man to take responsibility from 12 during League.

Iā€™m always whinging about JJ, he is a good player but thereā€™s a fatal flaw there that keeps reoccurring when the pressure comes.

Yeah hes a grand player but consistency just isnā€™t there. He was actually playing well enough last night until he hit the post with the kick

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t fault him that kick - it was a good distance. The second one was criminal though.

Id say the problem they have is he gets the backs moving better than Healy at this stage. He is sharp and his skills have gone very polished and he likely out trains Healy. Healy has those big balls thoughā€¦

Youā€™d nearly rather a fella that was totally shit as youā€™d know where you stand and heā€™d be cut loose. Fellas like JJ are a killer as they can look the part 90% of the timeā€¦but when the pressure comes on.

I lost faith after Racing away last season, turned down the drop goal for a bonus and we 10 points. Thatā€™s without talking about the missed drop goal against Racing in Thomson to win.

3 Likes

But easier swallow that miss only Healy sitting on bench has that distance all day long

1 Like

I thought Murray is supposed to be a very good kicker, would that not be some sort of solution?

A top lad kicks it, the Munster 10 should kick it. The likes of Farrell would eat it like a sweet and thatā€™s the bar I guess.

Fuck it, Finn Russell has the same problem but he is so good.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t impressed with Healy when he came in last night. But he is a savage confident lad and he will be a fine player in time Iā€™d say

1 Like

Good with those distance ones, but must be some reason it hasnā€™t ever happened. They mustnā€™t feel he has it.

Scannell will allow a 10 12 axis essentially playing 2 10s. Is healy or crowley left footed? A right and left footed 10 12 axis would be an absolute game changer for opening teams up or pinning them back

1 Like

Yeah - at this stage Iā€™d say Healy has more upside in him. He may make mistakes but theyā€™ll add to him

2 Likes

Donā€™t know how good a kicker he is really
He has a big boot on him but completely untested really. Jj kicks them from all over the pitch against Clermont and then those misses last nt
I donā€™t know

1 Like

Id worry his passing isnā€™t quite sharp enough. Those top lads at 10 are farce quick in everything they do.

1 Like

Scannell is left footed sure he is a perfect fit with any of them

Hed be a top player if he was a bit bigger or quicker, really clever player.

1 Like

Sure Farrel is bigger and quicker than him and we never give him the ball may as well play the better footballer

2 Likes

Thats true and get us down the pitch.

Even better all you need is one. Forwards at 1331 and a 10 on left and right of pitch gives great options to play from anywhere. Either defences drop numbers back and there is space to attack or the set up fill force a 13 man defence line with space behind to kick into and the call from either 10 depending on where they need to kick.

All they need to is Rob line-outs

2 Likes

He had the distance in spades himself and wasnā€™t pressure kick so nearly got it. The one he missed next far easier and pressure on. Folds like a deck chair.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see scannel and deallende given time. Scannell is a real footballer. With scannel at 12, I think he finds great angles for deallende to hit and he is another ball playing option for inside forwards to make runs off.

Farrell is decent enough but any opposition have him well worked out before a ball is even kicked.

1 Like