Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Davy a great guy. Spent time in Oz with him and Johnny Davis. Think Davy in munchins now?

Greg is a top shagger, so they say.

Last night you seemed to have it between Marcus Horan and Andrew Thompson, tis a fair pivot to end up 12 hours later deciding The Bull is the only contender.

My own club has its own struggles but when rugby is on it is lovely to see every Saturday morning one of our own, a former Lion, Ireland captain and Grand Slam winner, drop his kids down for training. Someone for everyone to look up to and who has made a real contribution to the club, not having the club gain a ā€˜legendā€™ by filling out some paperwork.

Think he is. Iā€™ve only met him once seems like a gas man tho

Jesus this is a nasty attitude, I wouldnā€™t it expect it out you. I thought his statement was very well worded and set out that he wanted to prioritise family over his career. I thought it was a good sign of him as a person. Like @Julio_Geordio Iā€™d have a lot of respect for him for making that decision. Iā€™m sure he could have gotten another Munster contract, definitely could have gotten more money in England or France too, and could have gotten more money abroad a few times in his career but stayed with Munster. Also, always seemed a very genuine player and clearly always gave it his all. Good luck to him.

2 Likes

Maybe he was just homesick flatty. Did that ever cross your mind? FWIW, I thought he was/is one of the few "mercenaries " who actually gave it his all. Even took the time out to learn the national anthem. By all accounts he loves playing for Munster and was very happy here. I dont think he owes Munster or Ireland anything and would wish him well on his way

2 Likes

I didnā€™t advance any name last night. I merely set out the records and credentials of various players.

I pointed out that Andrew Thompson won most honours in the club game in Shannon colours.

In a Munster jersey, I highlighted that Alan Quinlan was the most capped Munster player out of Shannon and also won two European Cups.

Marcus Horan won the most caps (67) for a single player when affiliated to Shannon, while the Bull Hayes (105) won the most caps for a player who has represented Shannon.

Colm Tucker is the most decorated British Lions player out of the Shannon club.

I asked you for confirmation as to what criteria you were using. No real clarification on that yet, but it appears to be some kind of blended/hybrid approach.

CJ Stander has achieved nothing in the Shannon jersey and little enough honours wise in a Munster jersey.

On the basis of appearances and honours won in the four jerseys of Shannon, Munster, Ireland and the British Lions, the Bull Hayes is the most decorated player out of the Shannon club.

1 Like

In fairness I always admired the way he scrunched up his face into a determined look before running straight into an opposing player.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not at all nasty. You just donā€™t like it. These are two very different things.

To anyone doubting CJs commitment to Shannon, he even pulled on the seconds jersey. What dedication.

2 Likes

Huh? That is the opening of your response to my post that CJ is Shannonā€™s most decorated player. You have got yourself all in a muddle here, il let you draw breath and maybe in another 12 hours you will have landed on the correct answer.

They havenā€™t even a photo of him without a watermark

Sarge is a piss taker :joy::joy: gas man none the less. Senior Pro players would not be allowed play at junior level for safety reasons

1 Like

Thatā€™s the Midwest for you.

I stated at the outset that I believed Marcus Horan (67) and Anthony Foley (62) to be the two most decorated players out of the Shannon club in terms of international caps won when affiliated to the Shannon club. I added the caveat that I wasnā€™t sure if Peter Stringer was affiliated to Shannon for all of his 98 caps.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything to suggest he is not genuine. The fact that he could clearly have earned a high amount of money for more time says to me that he is clearly genuine. But you donā€™t believe him, pillory him and call him a cunt to boot. Iā€™d say nasty, unfair at least.

Its a great breakdown tbf covering all angles of the argument.

Exactly my point. Weighing all this up, and Iv no skin in this fight at all, clearly the Bull is the most decorated Shannon player

2 Likes

Why would Strings have been affiliated with Shannon if he was from Cork?