Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Forgot about him completely only heard good things haven’t seen him play tbf. All very young still which is a plus

1 Like

He played a few sub appearances, he did amazing against CA but still very green. Good prospect if he keeps up that form.

1 Like

Think better chance of making it at 15.

1 Like

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/warren-gatland-sounded-out-england-20272926

Be interesting to know the IRFUs thinking in allowing Munster sign another South African, it doesn’t seems to make any sense on any level. Gerry Thornley has quotes today from Hanrahan which seem to make it clear he wasn’t offered a contract, and there are reports this evening also that Zebo is heading to London Irish. Seems very peculiar that they would decide the best value for money is throwing it at a once capped SA currently playing in Japan.

5 Likes

Wasn’t offered a comparable contract

Agree re the SA lock. That’s a fkn joke

I’m very dubious about your sources, you still reckon he was offered 180k or whatever it was? Him saying that it was difficult to hear the news about his future with Munster suggests he was told there would be no contract for him, that’s what the papers have been stating as well.

You’d wonder is Rassie still pulling some strings and using us as a way of blooding this young fella?

You’d wonder is Van Grahn getting a side wedge for saffer signings he surrogates?

You’ve to wonder what the likes of Tom Aherne and Witcherly make of one saffer 2nd row coming in while another saffer 2nd row is out injured?

You’d have to wonder.

1 Like

You wouldn’t have to wonder too hard what the lads think of it.

Munster doing munster things. Shafting young fellas for average journey man players.

Doug Howlett and Jean de Villars were the only world class signings to work out. Cullen was injured and Brian Lima never played a game.

Notable exceptions as imports were Jim Williams, John lonergan, tipoki and Halstead.

Doesn’t matter what Rassie or Van Graan want, someone in the IRFU has to sign off on these. It’s not a case of Van Graan being in such a strong position he can dictate either.
I see even some of the biggest head bangers on social media are a bit put off by this one. If it results in just 100 season ticket holders throwing their hat at it and going to AIL games instead it will work out as a good signing for Irish rugby.

1 Like

I’m only giving you my view pal. You can be as dubious or as interested as you like.

If it’s within budget and not being topped up by central contract, does Nucifora have much clout? You’d think he might but signing like this, yet another saffer too, might suggest otherwise.

This is why every true rubby fan should despise Munster rubby. A disgusting franchise.

2 Likes

No alternative. Club rugby is dead.

It is with that attitude.

Con still get a crowd.

Someone at Lansdowne Road has to sign it off, it will not be Van Graans signature at the bottom of the contract. I know Ulster are particularly annoyed at what they see as favourable treatment for Munster from Dublin, this is just more fuel for that fire. I’d not be surprised if this one doesn’t go through yet.

On the 180k contract offer for JJ il remain dubious, it’s like something someone who corresponds with Threeredkings would come up with.

1 Like

Ah come here, Con were poorly supported when club rugby was in vogue.

Vile organisation.