Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

If he didnā€™t was his own decisionā€¦ Lot of the academy lads have agreement with the colleges to do the degree on extended basis e.g. 3 Yr degree in 4 years etc

1 Like

More like over 6 yearsā€¦ As for Sweetnam, heā€™ll bag himself a tier 2 French club if he shows something. Ro will look after him.

All the academy lads would be in college, in sure he has some form of qualifications

Dr. Hibbert: [ chuckles ] Oh, your playing days are over, my friend. But you can always fall back on your degree inā€¦ [ Dr. Hibbert looks at Lubchenkoā€™s chart ] Communications?! Oh, dear Lord!

Anton Lubchenko : I know, is phony major! [ sobs ] Lubchenko learn nothing, nothing!

1 Like

Would Munster be as well off let Crowley or Flannery off the France for a year or two to get game time and develop. Hard to see either get 10+ games next season.

And will this be the answer for forever? - The IRFU need to address the current structures of the professional gameā€¦ all this investment in academies and then no where for young players to develop.

Connacht?

Problem all the other provinces have is they donā€™t have the Leinster schools feeding into them.
A Leinster schools cup game looks and feels like a pro 14 game pretty much these days.

ROG tried to bring Crowley to France and he didnā€™t go so :man_shrugging:

Crowley will get games alright next season at minimum when carbery is on int duty

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah I agree and the other pro teams have tried to replicate it with little success. Essentially Leinster are getting mini academies paid for by private schools. Munster relied on the clubs to produce players but have essential abandoned this between 06 and 16 only recently gone back to smaller cluns and the combined schools teams. West Cork has been very fruitful.

Pro 14 is a terrible standard if you ask me. The LSC is a great watch and incredible standard

1 Like

Reported there today thay this SA lad Munster signed was 2nd prize, and that Peter steph du toit had been signed for 600k a yearā€¦ But IRFU refused itā€¦ Report suggested the signing was being part funded by private investment

2 Likes

That Birmingham based guy ? Iā€™d say @EstebanSexface might know him.

1 Like

Whats his background in rugby?

It was RuaidhrĆ­ Ć³ Connor colleague in INM Brendan Fanning who reported it

No idea but I donā€™t think he refers to anything outside of munster

1 Like

Gutted

The new Saffer sold as an openside to allow Nucifora to sign off.

Tidy business with the young playerā€™s, still baffled with NIQ signings considering the talent that is there

2 Likes

Itā€™s an unashamed fan account. Some of the analysis pieces look like he has some background in the game. Seems to be scratching a living out of it so more power to himā€¦ Wouldnt be my thing tbh