Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Ah lovely…

He’d have been a fantastic signing…he’s a top top player…

I feel sorry for Thomas Clarkson and abaladze though… Both have looked decent when they have got their chances. Doesn’t send a great message though does it

I was giving out to my munster fan mate about the Jenkins signing, for obvious reasons, and said it was a hooker or TH Munster needed, everyone knows that. Can’t be got he said. They obviously didn’t look very fucking hard. Van Graan needs to kicked out on his hole.

2 Likes

Plenty decent front row forwards playing in SA and NZ that Munster could sign for the price of Jenkins if they had wanted to. They clearly didn’t see it as a priority for some reason

2 Likes

I’d feel even more sorry for the 20 people the IRFU are planning to make redundant. You’re right that Leinster hardly need this signing, they don’t break sweat in the Pro14 and have some great options already in that position for the 5 or 6 big games they play each year. This lad won’t have come half way across the world for any less than 250k, hard to justify it you’d imagine.

3 Likes

Are they planning on moving Porter to lose head?

He started out as a loose head… So wouldn’t be biggest surprise… But wouldn’t like to see it personally

Yes they are.

1 Like

I hear Porter is going to loosie.

Well that’s what I presumed when I heard the news. It would make sense of all parties as Healy/kilcoyne are both in their mid 30s. So the Irfu would like this.

Munster have two very good young tight heads coming through. God knows what has happened josh Wycherley after his performance in Claremont?

If Munster were going to sign a marquee player it should have been a hooker. It would be much easier to bed in a younger tight head then.

1 Like

Porter is only 25 and would surely have ample time to get it right before the next World Cup. Leinster would have an incredible front row of Porter, Kelleher and furlong who are all in their mid 20s.

It could also mean one of furlong or Porter is heading off but I can’t see that myself.

Impressive signing by Leinster

1 Like

Hes a world class TH. He started the 20s world Cup final at LH. Ben Betts was TH

1 Like

Top class. You’d feel sorry for the young lads behind him in leinster though surely wouldn’t you?

Three grade 1 tight heads in the Leinster squad now. This lad is some upgrade on Bent

What went wrong for betts

Bent was a mad one that time.

I’d say no one had ever seen him play and straight into the international team. A couple of games then he was quickly brushed under the carpet :grin:

I believe he became passable for Leinster in later years?

1 Like

Munster would be my opinion. He wasn’t offered an academy contract after that world Cup just a place in the sub academy. Basically playing as an academy player without pay. Leicester offered him a paid academy place on the basis he is English qualified. Leicester were/are way off the pace for years. Hes back woth Nottingham part time.

If you compare that WC team between provinces, James Ryan, porter and heenan are all irish internationals. Stockdale too. Whereas the munster players never played pro 14 bar shane daly

He was a decent squad player for leinster yeah

Daly an international too