Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

In Munster each club had to provide 1 ref per adult team. Ticket allocation is getting funny now. IRFU seem to be pushing the clubs in awkward positions to remove allocations. There was a potential fuck up over the nz match and changes to ticketmaster. From what I gather it was a miscommunication from irfu to clubs

Was the code IRFUSTAFF?

3 Likes

Yeah - its hard to escape the feeling that the IRFU want to chip away the whole time at clubs access to tickets.

The Ticketmaster stuff seemed to fit in with that.

I got tickets through the club Autumn Internationals. Tickets are for way up high in the corner of the Upper East/South Stand. This was when they couldnā€™t even sell their allocation for Japan and Arg and there would have been plenty of better seats available. Happy to fuck the clubs over as ever :joy:

I got decent tickets, previously fairly poor ones. Behind the posted for the Wales match pre lockdown. But all along it was pay the club and the club pays up front for the tickets in a lump sum. So I paid the club as usual. This year without notice to clubs afaik, the person nominated to get tickets from the club was to purchase the tickets through ticketmaster before 5pm Tuesday 2 weeks ago. Of course clubs only found this out as they went to pay the lump sum that the individual was to pay etc. Some scramble for clubs to pay using the club credit cards as it was too messy to get money back to people to purchase themselves.

Iā€™ve said it many times the pro game will kill the sport

Thatā€™s the system the GAA used this year.

Yeah the very same. Iā€™m guessing the GAA communicate the changes to clubs with more time

Your joking arent you!!!

Interesting interview with Keith Earls on OTB earlier. I hadnā€™t heard about his book or late late show interview. Remarkable to have a successful rugby career with bi-polar disorder. Seems to be in control of it for now anyway which is great.

Funds issue was in North.

Itā€™s a shit show but the branch are saying MAR was always a sub committeeā€¦ And never a club. And apparently the MAR own constitution reflects this. Mediation happening this weekā€¦ If it canā€™t be resolved will be full strike instead of soft approach nowā€¦ Ail wont have refs either then which is why IRFU had to get involved

1 Like

Ah I must have been misinformed thanks. Only way around the strike will be bring in refs from around the country. Will greatly affect everything below AIL

Wonā€™t work at allā€¦ The ail has been short official touch judges for good few games in bottom tiers already. Old school shit with one club nominating a linesman each :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Been dozens if not hundreds of games cancelled already. Mainly at minor level

Undergae generally OK as they can be reffed by affiliate refs of each club so dont need a fully qualified ref

Thats been the situation at underage for a few years. All the are to have a coach trained to ref, the home team supply the ref or to supply one of thier own refs

1 Like

It has been an option but I coached underage for a good few years and Iā€™d say at 16s and 18s youā€™d have a MAR ref for 7 out of 10 games

Yeah most of the time but there is an allowance to let the games go ahead in the absence of a ref at those levels. Below under 16s you would be lucky to have a ref

1 Like

Larkham gone. Shame

Cue all the calls for ROG to take the job. Heā€™s no fool. Heā€™ll avoid it like the plauge

ROG would want a head coach gig. Heā€™d have no interest in working under JVG.

Next Ireland manager. When he leaves that he can become Munster coach for life.

1 Like

Exactly if I was rog I would stay where I am and come straight into the ireland set up

RIP. Hard to see them escaping the vicious clutches of the Botswana variant.