Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

This is a Top Quatorze chat Neill. Take the horsey chat elsewhere :smiley:

1 Like

Lads ,

As a sporting spectacle.

It,

Was,

Fucking,

Dung.

1 Like

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2022/0117/1274107-unambitious-style-holding-munster-back-from-trophies/

Jackman really hates Munster . I remember him saying the players threw Foley under the bus . It was horrible shit from this prick.

Apparently Rg Synman only resigned after Van Graan was confirmed to be leaving, Jenkings is off to leinster and DDA is off to Japan. Doesnā€™t sound great for him.

I heard rumours of Kidney and Rowntree being appointed but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s true. Rowntree wants to stay though.

Off the top of my head coaches who seem to be doing ok with strong Munster links are flannery, Jones, o gara, poc, Mickey prendergast, Jason Holland and Denis Leamy.

Iā€™d definitely be getting onto Rog anyway. Heā€™d have a fair idea of whatā€™s what in New Zealand and could maybe recommend somebody.

Supposedly money the hurdle to getting kidney off the London Irish books and on to the Munster books as Director of Rugby

Rowntree has signed an extension

1 Like

Any view on Jenkins going to Leinster the same week its announced the Leinster A capt (also a 2nd row) is off to Exeter?

I thought the forum would be buzzing with discussion abiut it considering how badly the Jenkins signing for Munster went down last year

I wouldnā€™t be totally being him involved at the top. The private investor is apparently tricky to deal with too.

Iā€™d want an innovate coach working under him. With Healy, Crowley and pa Campbell in the backs the future is bright.

Itā€™s a pity Healy at ten and Crowley twelve isnā€™t being looked at.

Carberry for me is best off at fifteen but you also have Campbell in the mix along with zebo and Hayley.

Talk is prendy as assistant to Rowntree/backs coach but full ticket not being announced until kidney squared off

How highly rated is Prendergast?

Reasonably well rated Iā€™d assume based on his trajectory

Different situation as Leinster donā€™t already have two SA second rows I suppose? Also, wasnā€™t he supposed to be a back row for Munster wink wink? Leinster stocks in the position not as strong as Munster too maybe.

Itā€™s still shit in general that Leinster are letting seemingly letting a decent young Irish player go and signing this guy instead. Irfu shouldnā€™t be sanctioning that.

Are Leinster trying to find someone that can stand up to the way that big La Rochelle second row bullied them last year?

More broadly, can munster or any Irish province approach the irfu to help them do a bit of horse trading? Like, could they have requested alalatoa for Jenkins? Maybe suggest theyā€™d let Healy go to ulster if the irfu helped them get Sheehan, that kind of thing?

Thatā€™s where the Irish sides have fell down at the business end of the European Cup in recent seasons- not having a few big brutes from the Southern hemisphere to make the ā€œhard yardsā€ ala Skelton.

Yeah Jack Dunne tearing it up with trinity too

1 Like

Was it not more that James Ryan wasnā€™t able to stop him?

Thereā€™s a fella with con who came back from Munster had a fine game last weekend too. Probably too short to make 2nd row next level up

That Thomas ahern is some specimen.

Theres a lot of fellas knocking around who can step up to that level. Being too short is still a terrible excuse if a fella is over 6ā€™3. There wouldnā€™t be any second rows under that in the AIL anyway

You can see the difference a pair of out and out 6ā€™5 second rowers make at that level when up against 6ā€™2 backrow come second rowers.

Big part of clontarfs success

Line outs at that level is all about winning the speed on the ground. To defend have a good reader of the opposition.