Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Should John hodnett have been moved to hooker a few years back? He’s barely six foot.

They tried to and he nearly gave the game up.

1 Like

Really? Reminds me of Sean o brien but he’s smaller.

Yeah. Not sure was it when he came out of schools into academy but they tried to move him to hooker for that reason. He got the shits with it and said fuck it, went back to backrow with club.

They are indeed. And who could blame them. That was pretty much exactly why Munster signed him as well though and people lost their shit over it

He refused. He played in the centre a few times with college I’d say he would have preferred that

They said they signed him as a back row to replace stander, which wasn’t really a convincing argument at all. Probably because a replacement for stander wasn’t needed and because Munster already had two large SA second rows and were adding a third? Seems to me like the criticism was entirely legitimate.

Technically Kleyn is IQ so there was only one NIQ second row. The positional fudge has been used for ages. Doug Howlett arrived as a ‘full back’. The criticism is still somewhat valid in that you want the NIQ to be proper marquee players like DDA or Snyman and not journeymen like Cloete and Jenkins.

Wasn’t it. Where has he played for Munster that would convince you he wasn’t signed as a back row

If you’re just going to play silly buggers I will bid you good day.

No bother.

Good day.

Thomond Park was at a 50% limit for a few seasons before covid.

7 Likes

Rugby has saved us.

Munster v Leinster in Thomond and the Aviva still to come.

1 Like

Len Dineen Jr is seething with Munster :joy:

What’s all this about? Are Munster in the doldrums?

Wouldnt have thought so. Seems like a lot of drama in the article

I read the start of it, to think the AIL is not being used more by now is crazy.

1 Like

Munster rugby has lost the bandwagon brigade as they now follow the Limerick hurlers. They’ll be back soon enough.

Exeter or sale in the last sixteen. Ulster/Toulouse I think in the 1/4 final.