Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

This is been a brutal 30 minutes or so. Munster could be down to 13 with 5 minutes left.

Should be. And they’ve had a few soft calls too…

Cookies sodacakes junior cup final currently fixed for next sunday. A titanic clash in thr final of the big one. Thomand won 6 cups in the 80s and their first final since dropping back to junior. 2 clubs with plenty of close ties. The cookie double is on

Confirmed.

All off a sudden Munster look to have great options from 4 - 15 next season.

Need to sort out the front row and things are really looking up.

Bristol fans aren’t happy over this French chap leaving and seems a lot of French clubs were after him too so that’s a good sign.

They are making a push for Prendergast also to coach the backs

Yep that seems to be the word about the place. Noel mcnammara being mentioned as well.

Take a fair few pound to get Mike prendergast out of France. Somebody must be giving them cash again.

The cookies has a v strong team out in the semi yday. I went to see it they gave mallow an awful bating

Yeah between injuries and covid we used over 60 players i the AIL. With those absences we have a lot of guys available according to competition rules. They were changed about 5 years ago to suit junior clubs. Tbf a very kind draw on our side. Thomand beat shannon NCW and bandon on the way, on the side of the draw which also had con, kilfeakle, richmond, garryowen and Highfield

Thomond beat Pres the other day too in their League final.

It would be thomands second that will be playing pres. Pres are j2 now. It was Carrick on suir that best pres in the gleeson league final. Thomand seconds had a very interesting Webb cup tie with listowel. The replay had to be recorded and extra observer’s from the branch as the first game was abandoned in Fitzgerald park.

Thomands first team werent too far off topping the junior division 1, there was only 5 points or so between NCW bandon kilfeackle and Thomand

Sorry, you’re right it was Carrick. Pres beat thomond in the semi

Yeah, i dont understand why the branch doesnt push some of these j2 only clubs to j1 based on the new regionalised format for the first half of the year. Thomand vs pres at that level must be a nightmare to ref

I’ve pals playing with both. It’s like a Royal Rumble I’m told

Great for the spectators i say. Fair play to Pres tho it looked like the would be closing the doors a few years ago but have steadied the ship

Good pal is involved at committee level, 1 or 2 more I’d know at same level too. They love that club, would do anything to keep it going

1 Like

Weren’t Jerry Flannery’s crew all originally Pres? The older generation

1 Like

Yeah.

Think lynch even started with them, had a good kids setup late 80s/early 90s

1 Like

The magpies are / were a great club… Great to see them still going. Lovely reference to the ‘sodacakes’ also @Heyyoubehindthebushes

1 Like

I think we know the same fella who really kept it going down there. There wasnt many presidents of clubs still playing. Good folk down there

1 Like