Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

It’s good management. Give over crying…

Is this fella @dodgy_keeper ’s first cousin?

Both only seem to post when Man Utd & Limerick win.

1 Like

No… I said it here a few days ago, we’re still relying totally on 12/13 players from 2018.

Did Limerick fall apart when Hannon went off. They were well in control then.

What is the nature of his injury?

Nah kid they won the game

1 Like

He’s begging the GAA to step in, Hego is out of control.

Ah you know what I mean. He’s the most important cog in the system from a hurling and leadership sense.

Kiely didn’t say what was wrong with Hannon earlier. Definitely the distribution quality isn’t the same without him

1 Like

Aidan McCarthy appeared to be majestic there. Did Jason Forde actually hurl wing-back?

Clare might. Not the other two though.

Cathal o Neill seems to have a massive reputation but still hasn’t really done it like a dowling or even a Reidy. He’s obviously very young but he was coming on as a sub in 2020. You’d be hoping he’d be pushing for a starting place now.

I presume Flanagan will get suspended for next week. Hegarty should be dropped like gillane was in 2018. Not many screaming to start all the same.

Man United win??

Forgot about Gillane slapping Nolan across the face with the hurley.

Thought the penalty should have been a line ball?

Gleeson is deadweight on that panel. Not working short line balls, always going for the spectacular.

Nah Jayo is a Scouser I’m fairly sure.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

You think he went to Thurles? :rofl:

I’v been called a lot of things but a Man United fan is a step too far! :rofl:

3 Likes

I was standing in the terrace behind Eamonn Foudy as he warmed up. Two Clare lads were pucking handy balls at an angle from 10 yards out with zero pace on them at head height towards him, he proceeded to either fumble or miss six out of ten into his net.
I’m my own mind I was thinking that it was good to get these mistakes out of the way in the warm up - unfortunately it was a warning of things to come. The poor chap had a nightmare, long puckout aside everything else was a bomb scare- directly coughing up 3-1 and completely sucked the life out of Clare. It is almost impossible to analyse the game given his contribution and the lead it afforded Tipp.

Tipp were honest in their effort and I thought managed the game well but Clare couldn’t get out of their own way at times. 3-23 scored, 15 wides and another 3 or 4 dropped into the keepers hand yet continually bad back breaking errors.

A few of the older hands really struggled, Paul Flanagan reverted to pre 2022 form and struggled mightily on Morris. Cathal Malone never really fired last year and looked to have gone back another bit this year and we don’t really have a replacement. Peter Duggan won a sight of ball and proceeded to either get blocked down or pass it to a Tipp defender. Conlon did well in the physical tussles and winning dirty ball but his positioning was very poor throughout, Gearóid O’Connor caused him a lot of trouble with his movement before ht and he gave no protection to his full backline second half.

Thought we got a lot wrong, pushed up too high on Tipp first half when they had the breeze, then left our full backline with 60 yards of space in front of them in the second half was a poor move which they punished us on, the two second half goals just always kept the cushion closer to six points than three - Also allowing Tipp short puckout after puckout in the second half to pick 60 or 70 yard balls made it easy for them. Tipp backs did a good job second half of harrying and fouling early to stop runners breaking tackles.

Shanagher came on for the last 5 and injury time and caused plenty of problems on the 4 or 5 balls played into him. He probably should have been on ten minutes earlier but given how we couldn’t get out of our own way we still would have found a way to hand it to Tipp.

4 Likes

Will be interesting to see if Dowling gives unbiased analysis.