Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2018

In comparison to their recent munster championship that’s very good.

I can think of 5 draws off the top of my head. Well that’s categorizing the 2nd Offaly match in 1998 as a draw.

It wasn’t a draw though, which is why I’ve categorised it as “other”.

Clare’s losses at Croke Park since 1995 are:
Kilkenny 1999
Kilkenny 2002
Cork 2005
Kilkenny 2006
Limerick 2007
Dublin 2010

The lies told here today about Byrnes and dragging his name into the mud is disgraceful.

Byrnes was clearly looking at play moving out anticipating a ball coming in and Reidy was coming across looking at Byrnes… you had lads here apparently at the game claiming Byrnes tried to blindside Reidy… pure lies. Reidy ran into him and Byrnes got winded. Never a sending off but the spew here today was scandalous.

cc @flattythehurdler cc @gilgamboa @Bandage

1 Like

Roll it on there Roisin

Reidy hits him and knocks the wind out of him… you can see there he has him lined up as Byrnes is looking the other way. A dangerous hit.

The Clare record at HQ must be looked at in comparison to their rivals in Munster . In that regard they compare very favorably to Limerick and Waterford .

This win could very well be the kickstart to a run like 2013 again.

Clare will expect to win by 5-6 points.

Interestingly with Cian Dillon not even making the subs for today’s match only John Conlon and Donal Touhy are the only survivors* from the 2009 A/I under 21 winning side. The swagger seems to be back in a good number of lads and with Conlon and Duggan on form we have two powerful men in both lines of the forwards which has given us serious balance. Would be massive to win Munster given our woes in it over the last 20 years. With the likes of Shanagher, O’Brien and Cunningham back in the squad next year and a few very decent prospects from last year and this years minors the future is looking bright again. I think we will be far more ready for a Munster final this year compared to last year and feel it will take a very big Cork performance to beat us.

Once we matched Limerick in terms of physicality and work rate today they simply hadn’t the speed of hurling especially in defence to live with us. They are a coming team but built a bit too much on hard work and not enough guile at the moment.

*Pat O’Connor and Conor McGrath came on as subs in the all Ireland final but were minors at the time so not really of that vintage.

1 Like

It well could do. They utterly blew us away to and I think they will win Munster now .

Ye didn’t “ match “ us in physicallly . Ye blew us away .

Clare will win the All Ireland lads

It’s theirs to lose. I’ve said it all along.

Based on today they may well be the best bet to beat Galway .

They will do Galway.

I thought they were awful sloppy today. first touch in particular was way of the standard you’d need to be winning AI’s.
they might have the makings of an AI winning team, like they did in 2013, they’d want to be doing a lot of improving though. Limerick’s woefulness and the amount of space they gave clare made them look good.
:They’d have their work cut out to beat KK, nevermind galway, and cork seem to have their number going off this year and last year.

Agree with this, our forwards weren’t really firing outside of Conlon in the first half although they improved a lot second half, but the way the game had opened up after the red cards suited them rightly. Podge seems to have recovered a bit of freshness to his game. The backs have tightened up a good bit too, Browne has come on a lot this year and we aren’t conceding the sloppy frees in the same way we were.
Lads here were praising David Mc’s display? I thought he did some awful headless things in possession. There’s plenty to improve on if we are to feature later in the year.

They only bate Limerick steady on

1 Like

I was in and out of game so it may be coincidental, but I noted the complete opposite

He left out a few lovely balls when it looked like he was going to baloon it.
The long ball he did hit had a much better projection than I had previously seen