Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Workmanlike is harsh, they were just a very young and light team. One player up to the age IIRC, they did outwork Cork in the final alright but full of very good hurlers also, most of whom had walked the minor in 2016

They’re mismanaged and behind in a lot of things, but they only have to get it a small bit right and they trouble the all Ireland.

This is a team with things to prove. Writing them off is madness

As a limerick man seeing limerick lads saying cork are in the doldrums is hilarious. We didnt win a first round match for the guts of a decade

I disagree. I would not put them in the same bracket as Limerick, Tipperary & Kilkenny. At the business end of the championship their short comings will be exposed again.

1 Like

We didn’t win a first round match for decades because we weren’t good enough to win one.

I wouldn’t fancy this current set of players to win an AI for Cork but bring along 4 or 5 serious talents from underage and its a much more dangerous team.

1 Like

We won 3 u21 all Irelands in a row and pissed away a generation.

We might have our house in order now but have a little humility.

1 Like

Has that a workmanlike Tipp team won an All Ireland under 21. In any other county bar KK they’d have been given a civic reception and a raft of other awards to big them up.

1 Like

Humility! What do you want me to do, tell you I think Cork are good enough to win the All Ireland?

no he didnt, he was manager for a few years and had been building it slowly , having managed several of them to a minor all ireland . all in all he did a superb job at minor and senior to get the stage of success in 1999 but it was no one or two year project

I agree. It’s up to management to get the best out of what they have available.

Ye have 6 forwards there that could damage any team in the country. If all of them click anything is possible, regardless of the backs.

1 Like

JBM took over Cork in late 1995 after guiding a brilliant crop to a minor all Ireland that year .

In 1996 Lk beat them easy

In 1997 they were very competitive v Clare and I thought were a little unlucky

In 1998 they beat a Lk team that was in decline and were then blown away by Clare in 2nd half . Clare were awesome that day

In 1999 they played Wd in semi final and JBM took what was seen as a massive gamble with a young team v a Wd team that were AI semi finalists the previous year . In worked and Cork won the AI .

2 Likes

Forwards are one dimensional bar hoggie and harnedy. That just wont do at this level. The balance is not there.

Kingston and Lehane are moment players but not consistent. Walsh and Cadagon cant rotate to other positions outside their selected ones.

3 Likes

That’s what I was kinda getting at. I seem to remember he started the rebuild after 96. He moved away from lads and was competitive very quickly

Ya . The team from 1990 to 1993 were in decline . Sean og came on as a sub in 1996 and did well . Jim Cashman and Teddy played that day

Not all teams rotate players. Not an absolute necessity I don’t think. Again, I just think it’s up to management to get the best out of the players there. Kingston is young enough and there’s more to come from him.

1 Like

It’s actually very similar to Kiely’s journey

Kingston is a fine hurler . I think Alan Cadogan is a top hurler albeit jinxed

If you want to win all irelands you need balance and that is simply not there in that forward unit. Too many of the same type of player and not hardworking enough. That has been shown again and again with this lot.

1 Like

They are but they are exactly the same type.

1 Like