Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

:rollseyes:

Conor Lehane :laughing: :+1:

1 Like

Settle now lads

The penalty was a big turning point. Tipp had grabbed three points at the start of the second half and the lead was already looking precarious.

That goal - and the point immediately after - gave a nice buffer.

Then again it was down to 5 with 10 mins left plus injury time after that scandalous goal was allowed stand but class told in the end.

Limerick’s scoring in those conditions was excellent. Didn’t miss too much on the day either.

1 Like

Well the other one was Gillane cancelling out tipps goal in the first half. At no point in the second half did I feel we’d lose.

Jayses lads, I’d give anything to be heading out for a few pints of porter for the Sunday game.
First world problems

4 Likes

Are you ratting out of the private group again? Rat

2 Likes

I played a vocational schools all Ireland semi final way back when and we chose to play against the wind in the first half after winning the toss. Low and behold Ben and Jerry O Connor of Cork fame went out and scored around 1-20 between them to lead us by 1-24 to 0-00 at the break.

We actually won the second half by 5/6 points!

1 Like

He said limerick were done after the Casey injury.

Had a good chat with the auld lad over the phone.

He didn’t sound a bit disappointed. General acceptance from him that father time has caught up with a lot of our lads. Without writing their obituaries yet, they owe us nothing. We might have a sting in us yet but I don’t see us being in the mix for December hurling this year.

3 Likes

You were right about him

1 Like

Be thankful for small mercys. A blistering sun wouldn’t have done ye any better there today

Limerick would have bate us any month of the year that game was played Mike. No complaints here.

6 Likes

Ah no, I know that. To be fair that game against Clare was a huge advantage for us today.

100% right

Our skill levels under pressure in shit conditions are superb, Kinnerk has to take credit for that if nothing else. As Browney said in his interview, the emphasis on that on those shitty winter nights in Rathkeale really do bear fruit. Using the hand to take the ball rather than the stick wherever possible too; there was one short puckout that Tipp tried to work out in the second half, and I think the pass was played to O’Meara, and the sliotar just skidded right off his stick and out for a sideline.

Subs made a huge impact as well.

3 Likes

Ye aren’t gone yet. A competitive game was a big advantage for us and if things fall right for ye in the backdoor ye could have a lot to say yet. We match up well against ye. We have size in the half forward line to take on yer big men but other teams won’t. A bit of momentum and a few back firing who knows. Breen and Bonnar maher playing would make a big difference. I don’t rate Forde at all.

Will you stop you bad cunt. We bate clare by 10 and they in the doldrums. Tipp are as good as they can be and we bate them by 9 in a storum

That’s as bad as it gets right there. Tipp won’t be seen for 5 years

The only thing that can stop the green machine now is the China virus. I doubt no other team in the history of hurling came out in conditions similar to today & hurled to such a high standard.

4 Likes

What’s the story with Bonner? Will he be back next week?

The Tipp team selected was never fit for purpose really, but with Dan McCormack & Bonner in there, I think they could give them the platform for their other forwards to get the scores they need.

A game under the belt was huge. Tipp aren’t done but there’s question marks over some of the senior lads …have the legs gone?

Credit Kiely and co for their tactical changes today. They’ve been looking in at Lynch being double and triple teamed for over a year now… Great to see them get him more involved.