Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Oh bollocks

2 Likes

Outside of Kelly in that first half - when Limerick granted him the freedom of the pitch - Clare looked a limited enough outfit. Most of their experienced heads like O’Donnell, O’Connor and McInerney made little impact.

In the second half Kelly clipped over a few handy scores but generally wasn’t a factor when the game was in the melting pot. The two missed placed balls following the resumption drained energy from Clare.

Limerick were nowhere near their best but still hit a huge total. The lack of a goal threat remains an ongoing issue, the reluctance to go direct at times can be frustrating. Playing through the lines looks fantastic when it comes off but at other times a dangerous full forward line is starved of possession.

Nice to have a game under the belt but deficiencies exist which that Tipp attack will ruthlessly exploit. Need an awful lot more from the midfield duo too, especially with DOD impressing in his cameo.

A strange feeling to win a Munster championship match against a rival by 10 points but still find it slightly underwhelming.

4 Likes

Disappointing to see @Big_Dan_Campbell throw some of his club mates under the bus.

Clonlara seems a toxic place who have wasted a generation they will never again have and are now dealing with the consequences. It’s quite sad.

Otherwise known as being a juggernaut

About sums it up, add in a lot of us expected WOD to be smashing all round him but wasn’t in the game really. Flanagan looks like he could cut loose.
Our full back line outside of Finn is there to be exploited

Limerick’s loss to Kilkenny last year looking more and more like Dublin’s loss to Donegal in 2014.

A complete fuck up but not the worst thing in the world, long term.

I’m still trying to figure how Limerick managed to lose that game to a very ordinary Kilkenny team when they had Casey, English and The Dow all available.

5 Likes

Yeah can definitely see Limerick winning 5 or 6 in a row now.

At least.

Possibly not in a row but 5 or 6 over the next 8 years or so looks likely at the moment.

I can see us winning 5 or 6 all Ireland’s in a row in the next two years, nevermind the rest of the decade.

2 Likes

The only team that can beat them is themselves…

This is a classic needy oirish symptom, finding a slight in everything, and lepping up and down triumphantly if given any chance at all about it.
Do you also tweet videos of hurling to Hollywood a Listers in the hope you’ll get your belly tickled by your betters?

2 Likes

Genuine question, what kind of funding or support do you think an IC team needs to be competitive?

Clare needs its own PJ McManus

I genuinely wonder about all this funding tbh.
Kk seem to work off a limited budget.

I think AI winning teams have spent in the region of half a million over the last few years. Probably costs a good few quid to make a decent fist of a minor or 20s team too. I imagine a lot goes into underage structures and development squads and if these aren’t properly supported you may as well throw your hat at it.

Spending fuckall on football is a help

7 Likes

I think the underage needs investment, but more in training the trainers maybe.
I struggle with the massive outlays which seem accepted as normal now tbh. Hotels etc obviously, and insurance for medical bills, kit should be free, but outside that?

In fairness they pay afaik for the football team to travel over here to play.