Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

True , but the big rival then is much diminished now

Stop talking scutter, every team that ever played the game will be compared unfavourably with that Kilkenny team. If Tipp win next year wankers like you will be coming out with “sure they haven’t done 3 in a row since 1951”. A fucking one all ireland every 40 year merchant preaching about back to back all irelands :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

And only enough electricity to run one kettle

Fucking Ennis. I hate Ennis

Must get tickets for it ASAP all the same

This current group of Tipp players and management are the most successful Tipp team in living memory unless you are 70+ years of age.

As with every other all Ireland team they will forever be in the shadow of the great Kilkenny sides we have seen under Cody who a huge number of the most decorated hurlers the game has seen. Tipp will definately want to win another A/I but if they don’t the legacy of the likes of Sheedy, O’Shea, the Mahers, Callinan et al is already secure, one more A/I isn’t really going to change the narrative around them.

If anything, I would argue that the Galway side which has been an consistent side for the past 6 or 7 years and as good as what is in the country are the ones who probably need to add another All Ireland to add to their legacy as opposed to these Tipp lads.

1 Like

Looks like Tipp will be qualified to get out of Munster before they have to play Limerick and Cork. Two wins should suffice with a high score difference.

Agreed. We have beaten Kilkenny in 3 All Ireland finals under Codys watch. Winning by an average margin of 10/11 points in each. This group of players have nothing left to prove.

2 Likes

No one is questioning the ability of this Tipp team but I am sure they would love to win a couple back to back .

Another dunce

Of course Tipp want to win another but failing to do so won’t define them. The last 10 years has been a helluva ride for a Tipperary hurling fan, I’m happy to have followed and watched some of the greatest hurlers ever to play for Tipperary. 3 All Irelands could easily have been 5 or 6 or conversely none at all, I’ve enjoyed it anyway.

5 Likes

The more I think of it, the more I think this is nonsense. You’re probably too young to judge, I nearly am myself. But the records speak for themselves, Cork won their three in a shorter time period than Tipp and included a back to back, and introduced a style of hurling that changed the way the game was played and left a lasting impact on the game. Like it or not they also raised professionalism and standards across the board.

Nonsense. I’ve no all Ireland’s. Tipp have this year to seal their legacy. It will be a vastly greater achievement over a decade or so if they cap it with back to backs, something many felt this group would achieve before now. Sheedy sees this and is going for it. Do you think he’d be staying on if he thought they had achieved all they could or if he wasn’t aiming at winning an all ireland next year? Would he fuck.

1 Like

Cork invented the modern game

Spike needs to step in here and ensure we don’t end up playing three weeks in a row, which would be the third year in a row that has happened.

He’s staying on because he didn’t agree to a 1 year term you flute :rofl:

1 Like

When are they having the Leinster Draw?

Young bucks back at least Sat,thank God

Limerick will win the all Ireland this year in December with all the big mullockers they have.

2 Likes