Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Not convinced by Connery at all. His striking is slow and that will catch him out at this level.

Under sized?

He got 1-3 in the semi final in 2018. Corks top scorer from play. He got goals in big games back as far as the 2013 final

1 Like

Fair enough. I remember far more mediocre nights of anonymity from Lehane than anything else. Usually good for tapping over 0-2 and doing little else. Absolutely zero defensive play, an aspect even Horgan has improved on (a bit).

Short and small. Not as bad as Conor Oā€™Sullivan but him and Coleman are liabilities under dropping ball 1 on 1.

He gets a raw deal because of how he carries himself. I donā€™t remember Horgan having a massive impact from play in any big games recently, in Croke Park. He gets a pass

He has moments but no where near consistent enough to be a starter. He is probably more suited to impact sub role.

Coleman is but o leary has played most of his hurling at centre back. He is much better than coleman undet high ball. You dont need to be 6 foot plus to be good under high ball.

Well of a team can afford to let lehane on the bench theyā€™ve serious talent

What do mean carries himself?

You just dont get it. If it was about picking your best 15 hurlers then he would be one of 1st names on 15. However, the game at the elite level is about way more than that.

His demeanour. The chain and the cockiness.

Has a very poor swing alright, pulls the hurley all the way back and seems a bit one-sided. Presumably something that got ignored underage when he was generally seen as the second coming along with Sheehan.

On the other hand he has a lot of drive and pace we need and what makes someone like Fitzgibbon so essential to us. He is clearly a lad dying to take a game over (again like Fitzgibbon) - we have very few hurlers like that.

Unfortunate that both him and Sheehan are injury prone, as both have parts to their game badly missing in Cork hurling - Sheehan is a goal getter for example.

1 Like

I would very much doubt that. I can only think of about 3 championship games where he has scored goals in the bones of a decade. All Ireland 2013, Clare in Munster round robin in 2018 and the A/I semi final that year.

How many is considered a lot?

How many other big games have Cork played in?

Donā€™t think that has anything to do with it. Cork fans love that kind of shite. Iā€™ve been watching him for a decade, he isnā€™t good enough, based on work-rate and ball-winning ability alone. TBH his confidence has gone to shite over the last few years as well.

Let me put it like this - would an AI winning team be able to carry someone like Lehane?

1 Like

A fella capable of shooting 1-3 or 4?

Sheehan was very impressive in bits of matches I seen him play this year. I was told previously that he was a lad that had little interest in hurling and would probably drift away.

About 4 Munster finals and 4 all Ireland semis, 2 all Ireland finals including replay. So two big goals in 10 games they didnā€™t win for a finish up?

Not a bad return for a fella who doesnā€™t turn up in big games.

Iā€™d say he was top scorer from play for Cork in a lot of those games too