Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

I don’t think they would have to be honest, then again Galway have always shit themselves in finals v Cork

No I don’t tbh; but look that’s irrelevant tbh because they didn’t beat us. And you can say they had a lead or whatever but a match is played over 70 minutes not 60.

A fully fit harnedy and they’d have been in the final in 2018. Who’s to say they wouldn’t have won.

I think the distance they were away is being exaggerated.

I don’t think they’re an AI contender this year, they have some weaknesses. But despite those they’ve consistently been a top four team. Yet they’re viewed as flakey. I think they’re the opposite.

It is relevant. You’re saying they’re miles away. The facts don’t bear that out.

They haven’t won an All Ireland for 15 years, haven’t been in a final for 7 years, last U21 success over 20 years ago, last minor success almost 20 years ago, facts.

The reason they’re viewed as flaky is because of a final 10/15-minute collapse against Waterford in 2017, against Limerick in 2018 and a complete capitulation in the second half against Kilkenny.

Maybe flaky is unfair but those things all happened in knockout matches.

But I’m not talking about flakiness or softness or anything like that; I just don’t think they are currently good enough, plain and simple. They should be looking to Kearney back for next year imo. I think they need to find an athletic half-forward who will work & can score; whether that’s Sean Twomey or Shane Barrett or Brian Roche, I don’t know; I don’t know which of them are up to that level. They also need probably 2 more backs. The likes of Ger Millerick & Billy Hennessey have been talked-up a lot too in terms of defenders.

1 Like

Limerick got to a semi-final in 2013 & 2014. Maybe they could have won an All-Ireland but they were a bit off what was required even though they were involved in close matches. And by 2015, they were very poor.

Actually winning All-Irelands is quite hard.

1 Like

[quote="backinatracksuit, post:1021, topic:29242,
Galway have always shit themselves in finals
[/quote]

Fixed

They bombed out as Munster champs as well in a semi a few seasons before that

Tipp annihilated them in 2014

Tipp and Kk were ahead of every in 2013 and 2014. 2013 was a freak

1 Like

I think this year is made for Cork or Tipp.

Teams haven’t had a lot of time together and they are two of the teams with the most natural hurlers in the 15 which could override the lack of time teams have had. Good sharp hurling will be very important.

If Limerick are as loose against Tipp as they were for 35 minutes against Clare it will be embarrassing

@Rocko open up the corona virus thread please.

Cork by 8

Lot of people saying Connery was going to start alright. Don’t rate O’Leary-Hayes,

What a day for Connery

Are Waterford any good? I can’t remember anything about them

With Monaghan-Cavan gone to ET, it wouldn’t surprise me if Sky messed up live coverage of the hurling like with Kilkenny-Wexford in 2018 when Meath-Tyrone went to ET. Hopefully the Cork-Waterford game is on from the start!

1 Like

Cork by tennish

Red button