Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Tony Kelly is the babayaga.

The shock will wear off in a few hours and the lashing out will begin

They’ve vanished like sewer rats.

1 Like

Clare are really the perfect foil for Limerick. They tick the hurling box, ballwinning box, intensity box but also the fitness one - most teams fall to Limerick’s sheer fitness and ability to outlast their opponents. Limerick always finish better.

I was surprised Clare were able to keep up their opening 20 minutes for the rest of the game. We’ve seen loads of teams recently fail at keeping their opening intensity against Limerick to the same standard after 25 or so minutes.

I can’t see Cork being able to win the ball up front the way Clare were able to. Neither can I see Tipp or Galway lasting the full 75 minutes against Limerick. Kilkenny don’t have the hurling IMO. Waterford would need a dramatic change in approach that likely will not happen.

2 Likes

Result put in perspective by a man dying in the section beside us, harrowing to watch CPR being done, the match was an afterthought after it

24 Likes

It was all an afterthought once that scenario started, horrible.

That is really awful. RIP.

Why wasnt the match stopped or abandoned?

Thats awful. Sorry to hear it

Big stewarding job for you tomorrow. No pints, straight home to bed, nobody wants a repeat of the recent Phoenix Park debacle.

2 Likes

The DMs must be flying like it’s 2018

It was hard to get into the second half after seeing the fan stretchered out. RIP.

2 Likes

A very good Munster championship so far. If there isn’t a draw tomorrow, we will have four teams on two points.

@iron_mike was proclaiming the Limerick 2023 vintage as all but unplayable after an Easter Sunday league final.

7 Likes

Scored one and set up one to win it. Clutch player.

1 Like

Some days you are bate. It happens. It happened us long enough. Well used to it

2 Likes

@Bod95 , was there young kids with the deceased?

Heard that. Is it that bad? One of the lads was shook as fuck coming out

Did Hannon play the full match?

Dead unfortunately.

Not sure