The Official England Cricket Team Supporters thread

The law of unintended consequences. Iā€™ve only gone and drawn the Man from Mullingar onto me on a cricket thread of all places

3 Likes

Iā€™m LK on 3 generations on both my parents side pal, I may reside out of the county but I know my lineage, Iā€™m a born and bred Limerick man who represented his county at all levels in hurling up to senior as opposed to you who is a died in the wool Brit to a pretend hurling supporter from WD, CW or even WX, take your pick.

2 Likes

Priorities

Have a lie down and maybe listen to a bit of Joe Dolan. Itā€™s very soothing.

8 Likes

TouchĆ© listen to Nigel Farage Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find it equally soothing

Dry your eyes you big baby. If you go in with the size 12ā€™s acting the hard man like you tried to do on the Munster hurling championship and Waterford hurling thread a few months ago, you might just get it back at you. To paraphrase the late Seamus Brennan, its senior hurling INTERNETTING around here and you donā€™t seem quite ready for it just yet.

2 Likes

My beloved Aussies will be bowled out twice by then. On to the Oval. #Go Again

Disappointing to read the aggressive exchanges here overnight, thereā€™s a fine cricketing tradition in Mullingar.

Here we go. Stokes down the track swinging & missing wildly from second ball of the day.

3 Likes

Carey misses a run out chance there. Stokes would have been gone.

I donā€™t see what the big problem is with coming from Mullingar, its a fine spot

2 Likes

+1. The Greville Arms Hotel, the Joe Dolan statue, the Dunnes Stores at the back of Cusack Park, the big wine wholesale store on the outskirts of the town. Thereā€™s an awful lot to like about the place. If I had one minor criticism, itā€™s the sheer multitude of roundabouts on the ring road. Weā€™ve had to stop the car on the way to/from Center Parcs on more than one occasion to allow my older lad puke on the side of the road. That recycling centre in between roundabouts is also a good place to stop to vomit.

3 boundaries by Brook in that over. Cover drives & late cuts, terrific stuff.

2 Likes

Great parkrun there too

1 Like

Really? I didnā€™t know. I think thereā€™s also a lovely canal walk. Would it be the Royal Canal there?

5/437.

Cummins knocks Stokesā€™ stumps over. 51 for Stokes.

A bit of slogging now for 45 minutes or so Iā€™d imagine. Get past 500 runs and a lead of around 200, then 20 minutes at them before lunch.

6/474. Brook top edges one to the boundary, gone for 61.

The lead is now 157.

7/486.

Woakes gone for a first ball duck. Hazlewood has the second new ball moving a bit.

Mark Wood will have a slog now.

506/8 at lunch.

Wood out last ball before lunch after Hazelwood had gone for 15 in the first 5 balls of the over.