Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Are they in the same half as Limerick?Semi final could be the place to catch them.The problem is Limerick have match winners all over the pitch.If lynch doesn’t turn up Hegarthy will.if he doesn’t Gillane will if he doesn’t Hayes will and so on.

1 Like

Clare have lost to Kilkenny in the semi final last two years. Kilkenny have better players than Clare.

So you haven’t noticed an improvement in Limerick when they’ve gotten to Croke Park?

I dunno :man_shrugging:

Id say that Kilkenny being fresher was a big factor there. Again, who knows for sure.

Father Time is the only one that can beat Limerick

1 Like

I think they can be beaten if you get them down to 14

I think they’ve lost a tiny step this year, mostly due to injuries but they’ve been on the road a long long time as well

1 Like

When hegartys goal went in the easy thing to do was fold in two like tipp in the 2019 Munster final, cork in the 2021 all Ireland or like kk in the 23 final.

To their credit Clare kept going and at least kept it respectable. They are short a few but they kept plugging away.

My initial impression was it was comfortable enough for Limerick and I felt like we were 8/9 points the better team but small things make a huge difference.

The two keepers and free takers was probably a ten point swing in limericks favour.

4 Likes

One thing I find with this Limerick team is they don’t score many goals and they don’t really go hunting for them either so there’s this perception with the opposition if they get a goal or two that they are still in it.

Can’t think of that many games over the years where Limerick buried the opposition. They are often 3, 4 and 5 points ahead around the hour mark, but have worn teams down by that stage physically and hit over a barrage of points last 10 minutes.

Cody’s team when they got 4 or 5 ahead of you would go looking for a goal or two to bury the opposition. They won so many games before half time and if they didn’t have them won by half time, there’s be a renewed onslaught at start of second half for a goal or two.

I’m fairly sure I was playing in under 21 b city hurling b against Gearoid hegarty and he wasn’t in the top 3 players on the field 9 years ago. His transformation from a footballer to a hard working half forward into a roaming and floating all round hurler is absolutely incredible.

I saw somebody on twitter compare to berbatov. There’s an elegance and cockiness to the way he plays the game. He’s like a rolls Royce now the way he’s moving.

How many times do we see that chance fall to players and they go rising it. He didn’t.

His development is incredible. He deserves unbelievable praise.

13 Likes

Just in the door from Thurles… Hard luck Clare backers. They might bemoan some missed goal chances but i thought they were off today overall. The aggression of the last 2 finals wasn’t quite there.

Anyway, fair play to Mrs O’Sullivan

22 Likes

Poor puck-out strategy, 2 man FF line. Not trying to trouble D Morrissey at all.
Looking at SOD for majority of second half inside in FF line when there wasn’t a smell of ball going in there.

They played so poorly against the wind from puck out situations too. Once Limerick stepped up they refused to go short, hit everything to the left away from Hayes but everything down the left? Nothing up the middle or short?

Surely Shanagher in FF and try and trouble LK with direct ball at some stage?

Tony Kelly didn’t look right either. Is he 100% fit?

Nah, not near it.

Cork or KK only teams capable of getting goals and without 3 or more of them I don’t see anyone stopping LK.

Could Clare get 3 goals in a big game against LK? Not a hope imo

That’s thinking outside the box for ye,how about getting them down to 13 that would be even easier.

1 Like

They could have today.

They should have,Hoggie would have buried them

2 Likes

It kind of felt like they never really gave it a right go and Limerick always had them at arms length.

Limerick are the best team of all time. Nobody can dispute that. Eddie Brennan is absolutely seething again on twitter which is tremendous.

Clare may recover from this one easier as they didn’t ever go into the red zone.

2 Likes

His agility and touch for a big man is outrageous.

1 Like

I don’t think many would dispute that at this stage, winning No 5 will just put the icing on the cake

Despite creating a record in Munster today after 140 years of competition the fact remains that LK are fundamentally fucking USELESS, it was RIP stuff out there today. I’m supporting my adopted county from here @peddlerscross @ChairmanDan

15 Likes

It’s simply incredible. I never really recall him at all under age for st pats. Even in 2018 he was the first man subbed off. He struggled in lots of games.

He’s turned into just an incredible hurler. It’s an amazing transformation.

1 Like