Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

It’s the only way they’ll be bate this year

But Clare wouldn’t bate them
Either way

Agreed.

Clare had Mike Casey on a yellow early doors and didn’t trouble him again until late in the second half.

Pace is a massive issue for Limerick if you can turn them or run hard through the middle.

Clare never turned a LK defender, David Fitzgerald ram at them a few times but hadn’t the pace to get away from WOD or Hayes either.

They’re complaining now because we don’t hammer teams.

9 Likes

Don’t score enough goals they said

We won that game in the 1st half, CE goal
Just papered over the cracks

3 Likes

I was hoping ye’d get the caps out

Good man. With Westmeath gone, you’d need something to keep the interest going for the rest of the campaign.

I’m weighing up at the moment who to throw my support behind from here - my mothers home county, Wexford or my fathers home county, Kilkenny.

1 Like

Ya Clare had no real plan with the wind

No such thing as unsung hurler of the year but it should be David Reidy. He’s so good particularly at moments when we aren’t playing. Very well.

7 Munster titles is some going. Has become a very important player.

5 Likes

I’d forgive Rodgers but McCarthys moss was just poorly executed.

The goal they got was fortunate too tbh, Quaid wouldn’t be happy with his handling after a reaction stop.

The save Quaid had to make before the goal was further proof that you have to take Limerick on aerially and play the breaks but they never tried in Second half.

Lohan seems extremely bound to a set plan and he’s as rigid to it as Davy is to his style

Reidy tracked back at one stage and out ran Conlon i think from a few yards behind him and turned it over… I knew we had it won right there

1 Like

“My love has got no money,
He’s got his strong beliefs”

6 Likes

The Limericks can’t take a compliment. They’re mistaking a compliment now for a complaint. It’s great for the neutral that you don’t go around hammering teams and create the false perception that a match is competitive and in the balance.

Kilkenny in their pomp under Cody were a joyless lot the way they felt the need to have everyone beaten into oblivion within 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Lovely stick in the knife moment there seeing as Clare were so keen to blare it out at Cusack Park.

A once in a lifetime bunch of players.
Blessed with some brilliant leaders in Hannon, Quaid and Hegarty and a group of talented lads just utterly committed to the game & each other.

A truly remarkable bunch of ambassadors for the game of hurling & Limerick folklore.

1 Like

Against that wind, that was a stunning performance.

Plenty to work on but a comfortable win nonetheless

1 Like

But its a style/system that has caused the greatest team of all time the most trouble. Why would you do anything differently. Limerick have their system and dont deviate away from it. These are amateur players. Its not like professional sport where you have time to perfect different systems.

1 Like

On the 12 minute shane o Donnell turns Mike Casey and gets an advantage. Tony Kelly flicks it over the bar. Shouldn’t Tony Kelly shoot for goal there as it’ll be brought back for a foul if he misses?

5 Likes

They dont matter, have you not heard

1 Like

Clare needed to go over the Limerick h/B line today but didn’t and Limerick gobbled them up.Shane O Donnell may as well not have been playing.