Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Its easier said than done.

2 Likes

It seems to matter a lot to Clare but for all their greatness they have t been able to win even one :man_shrugging:

O’Donnell was anonymous for about 60 mi utes today

I disagree.

You highlight that Clare are the team that trouble Limerick most? How many wins have they? None that count.

Lohan has instilled a desire to fight & work, he has put together a good panel. Applause and praise for that.

But, you cannot keep coming up short in the same way, you have to be able to change tact in game.
He never made Limerick change today, they just got into their usual groove and there wasn’t a real danger of alarm to their FB line at too many stages.

I wouldn’t begrudge Clare a title, I just can’t see it coming with Lohan at the helm unfortunately.
Hope I’m wrong

4 Likes

Oh I know that but raining ball down on them was never going to work,Duggans had the beating at times of Byrne’s but the other two weren’t up to much

1 Like

You are correct about Clare. They are an admirable side who came up against the best hurling team. Never once have they folded v Limerick either. They have the right character but are short a keeper and conlons legs just don’t last 70 mins.

Ryan Taylor coming back would be a big plus.

Gillane did as I recommended today and started his runs from more varied positions which made the holding a lot more obvious. Cleary was very naive, Gillane was leaving the hurling back nearly begging Cleary to drag him and he couldn’t help himself.

9 Likes

How many wins have the rest got?

Can’t do much without the ball

1 Like

Tough angle and he was being closed down tbf

Duggan will go to sleep with nightmares of 45 Limerick lads swinging off him. A travesty none of the Clare lads ever backed him or helped him. A one man band for large parts.

1 Like

Indeed,
Best hurler in the country they said before the game, get him the ball

And their best player is working back to fitness. They wont be far away, and I would not be laying them at 8s

He’ll be okay, tomorrow is chest day.

3 Likes

Duggan was game as fuck but when he did get the ball over Byrnes he was immediately swamped up by WOD or Reidy etc.

Clare weren’t pucking the ball anywhere else and a junior B hurling management team could have seen it.

DOD has another month now to get himself right and if Flanagan and Finns were just regular hamstring strains they should be back in the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Would be harsh on young O Brien to be dropped. In my opinion he was as good as Hegarty today. Some yoke.

1 Like

O Brien has lovely hang time in the air. He reminds me of gronkowski.

1 Like

It was between both for motm…the goal swung it.

I’ll have to see it on tv but Quilligan looked to have stopped twice in his run out to Hego… If he had gone full pelt he probably got their first

1 Like

Definitely hesistated. If I recall Hegarty didn’t even look at Quilligan he knew he’d bury it no matter what.

1 Like