Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Yeah he definitely hesitated, would have got there if he didn’t

1 Like

He’s not a great keeper tbf

1 Like

There is very few top class keepers around

True dat,we need more outfield players playing in goals

1 Like

Yeah but they don’t have 11 or 12 more than most countries.

Well if you include the 22 counties that aren’t in Divion 1 you’re probably right.

2 Likes

I phrased that badly

Today could hit them hard I reckon. They were devastated at the final whistle. Supporters were heading to the gates even with 5 minutes left. I’m only in the door and haven’t seen any interviews. Wexford could well put them out in a couple of weeks

3 Likes

If he went to lift it he might have been closed out and the chance gone. He struck it so clean and he never gave the keeper a chance to set himself for it.
A class goal. It looked better because it went just inside the far post.

2 Likes

To lose 3 in a row is a tough pill to swallow

1 Like

Daly etc give their mate Lohan a free ride in the media. Imagine if Davy had 5 years in charge winning no trophy of any consequence.

7 Likes

That’s my point. So many lads try and pick that. Just class.

1 Like

Credit to limerick they brought their usual ruthless efficiency to proceedings and dominated the middle third and breaking ball. You are never going to win against limerick unless you can force them onto the back foot for stretches and we didn’t.

Clare seemed flat and made a lot of unforced errors when we did have time to use the ball which Limerick will always gleefully punish. Rodgers and Duggan battled manfully but were continually crowded out when they won ball while due to our lack of a foothold at half back we couldn’t feed the inside forwards in the second and third quarter. Conor Leen was about the only back who hurled well.

4 Likes

Can’t believe how much they’ve been overrated on the back of running Limerick close in dead rubbers

Quilligan made Hego’s mind up for him by half coming but it was still a nice finish.

Hego is growing on me i must say. Not getting involved in the silly stuff as much anymore.

4 Likes

To be fair the only trophies they can win Limerick are looking to win too.League is probably their only chance of silverware.If they were in Leinster they’d probably have won 2 or 3

Fair point but Davy would be slated in same position.

That’s cause he’s a cunt

6 Likes

Those closing 12 minutes in Ennis left a scar I think. They had pushed Limerick so close in two finals and were in the process of putting in a statement performance for 55 minutes, before completely collapsing.

1 Like

Unfortunately both my parents and myself were born in Limerick, thankfully my wife and children’s birthplace is WH

Rodgers is a class act won great ball today on limited opportunities

1 Like