Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024…part 2

Clare were a complete shambles when Lohan took over. Remember the beatings they took in 19.

They were indeed.Hes steadied the ship alright but you’d wonder if he’s taken them as far as they can go.Time will tell

If Davy was capable of winning the odd championship match aside from short spell in 2013 he wouldn’t have gotten stick.

In fairness the breeze was a big enough factor today. A lot stronger than you’d think. I said at the start if we went in close enough to them at half time, we’d give ourselves a right shot. Limerick forced Clare long for the majority of the second half. They were unable to get the ball past our half back line. Clare did move I’Donnell out but his threat was nullified that far away from goal. Cleary done himself no favours either and got himself a yellow when the game was still half there for them.

Lohan has maxxed out with what he has.

Might be time for a change after this year, but you couldn’t say he’s underachieved really.

Whatever tactical flaws he may have, his team have ran through a brick wall for him for 5 years.

6 Likes

My sentiments exactly.

Like I said earlier Clare are like Mayo in the football when they were going toe to toe with Dublin

1 Like

I agree

They’ve overachieved if anything making three Munster finals in a row,

But their record in Croke park is embarrassing

Sean Finn as well or when is he back?

He has a lot of potential players he has been cultivating so I doubt he will walk away this year. He has another year on his term. Then I’d say we will see Brian O’Connell with Donal Moloney and Damien O’Halloran eying the step up.

Lohan tried his best to move on from Quilligan and Rory Hayes last year but the alternatives weren’t there. The problem is that the lads who are now coming through who look to have the tools for this level are probably coming a year or two late for the 3 in a row 21s.

2 Likes

They topped the round robin in 2022 and 2023.

I wouldn’t go that far regarding Croke Park.

They flopped in 2022 and beat themselves in 2023.

It can happen. They are not star studded outside of Kelly and O’Donnell.

1 Like

That Clare midfield and forward line from 13’ had unbelievable talent. Davy had a loaded deck and fucked it. The talent isn’t comparable really. Lohan has done well.

1 Like

Collins and Galvin were unreal but the disappointing thng for Davy though was that it was Wexford, Cork and a tame exit v Galway that did for him.

It wasnt even Tipp or Kilkenny.

1 Like

The A vs B games in training must be ferocious.

Everything is always really hard work for them, they are short a keeper, top defender and also a top forward away really. A Noel McGrath type who drops into the pocket for easy scores/sees the pass, would do wonders for them. O’Donnell is trying to make the play and be the strike forward.

3 Likes

If Davy had worked with kinnerk rather fucking around, they probably would have gotten another 2 out of that team

1 Like

I’d say he has massive regrets about that time. He could still be there now.

1 Like

Too late for ye to try get back into the long grass…

Lovely hands from Duggan for the goal tbf

1 Like

WOD was ferocious again today. Wrongly penalized for emptying Kelly over sideline with his chest.

Kiely has some decision to make with DOD back for semifinal. CON, Lynch, DOD and Reidy all battling for two positions

The bench will be very strong.

7 Likes